The Young and the Restless: December 2014 Thread

• Members

I'm really pleased with the way they have been writing Sharon recently, especially post-reveal. This is the Sharon that most of us really liked - a good person who is sensitive and wants to take the higher ground. Nick is being written in a ridiculous manner. So, I have to go with Sharon scorch the Newman earth by bringing up every horrible thing they've done. At a minimum, drag Victor into it and get the judge to ban him from seeing Faith after pulling the Mariah stunt. In fact, maybe Sharon could get Sherman to blackmail Victor into getting to drop the custody nonsense that way or I'm hoping she discovers what Nikki is doing and uses that.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes. JFP and Pratt both left GH to join Santa Barbara (as music director and script writer, respectively) when it premiered in 1984 and climbed to the EP and HW positions. They held those spots during what many consider the show's golden years, 1987-1990, and won five Emmys between them during their reign. Ex-Y&R/Capitol producer John Conboy fired them both when he took over the show in 1990. Steve Kent, who oversees Y&R now for Sony, was a producer for the entire run of SB. JFP and Pratt went their separate ways--she to other daytime soaps, he to primetime soaps--until they were reunited at GH in 2002. (Bob Guza was also at GH in the early '80s and joined the SB writing staff in 1989. He outlasted JFP and Pratt there and, of course, crossed paths again with them at GH in the '00s.)

• Members

Pratt just feels like the wrong choice for Y&R for so many reasons. I read somewhere (sorry, I hate when people say that, but I honestly don't remember where) that JFP wanted Josh Griffith back as HW but Sony/CBS shot that down so she pushed for Pratt, with whom she has a cordial, established relationship. Whatever the case, it's safe to say that the show is soon to take a sharp turn in a different (and, let's hope, better) direction.

• Members

Not really.

There are way too many new characters (Joe, Stitch, Kelly, Chelsea, Austin, Sage) in frontburner stories (not counting the recent recasts), the vets who ARE getting story are being warped (Victor, Sharon, Nick, Victoria), stuck in pointless relationships (Jack, Cricket, Paul, Jill, Ashley) or dealing with sweeps driven medical problems (Michael, Nikki, Lauren), the Black characters remain seriously segregated (Neil, Hilary, Devon, Lily) or non existent (Tyler, Leslie, Barton, Mason), Kevin is STILL alive, the non-Black twentysomethings are useless (Noah, Abby, Summer, Mariah, Fen), characters who should be tertiary are eating up precious screentime (Avery, Dylan, Colin, Cane) & Jeanne's presence is seriously missing.

Archived