The Young and the Restless: December 2014 Thread

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hmm. Kyle, I admit, I haven't thought much of since he left. I gotta think about that one.

Noah, I think Y&R needs to write him right now as being passionate about an actual career, rather than floating and drifting. What happened to the photography thing?

They recently had Shemar Moore return and I hoped he'd be around long enough to at least interact with a few others, maybe run into Noah and Mariah at the Underground or something (they need to put that dive bar to better use) and have Noah get into conversation about photography/photojournalism which stirs Noah's fire.

Have Malcom keep in touch and become a mentor, and have Noah's career path cause some type of conflict with others (maybe he wants to pursue dangerous assignments the way that Malcolm did/does-- remember when Malcolm went missing in Africa?)

Maybe Noah starts with an internship and Victor tries to lure Noah to NC telling him he needs to invest in something of substance instead of occupying himself with "taking pretty pictures". Of course, Noah takes this not as an invitation to join NC but to delve deeper into photojournalism, and looks for riskier assignments, which causes conflict with Courtney (is she still around?) because Courtney stopped going undercover in favor of safer assignments to keep Noah happy, while Noah wants to pursue riskier jobs. Perhaps it will be breakup time for this couple. Perhaps the entire family, one by one gives their two cents (except for Mariah who applauds him for having cajones to go against the grain) but all these opinions pits family members on various sides and becomes increasingly irritating (& conflicting) for Noah.

Not that great but a start...unsure.png

• Members

I liked that too. Tomorrow looks to be good between Jack and Adam.

DD, this is good stuff. I abbreviated cuz it had already been posted a couple times. :-). But wanted you to know I'm a fan lol

General observation here, without naming names, is this thread less active because of the show or the snarky comments from some of the posters? Hmm. :-/

• Members

I do think the Neil/Hilary thing came out of left field. There was enough conflict with Devon and Hilary being apart without throeing in Neil.

Plus I miss Jill and Hilary going at it verbally...reminds of the days nina and jill would trade insults.

I liked the Victor and Jill scene. For whatever reason he seems to listen to her..and.not dismiss her like he does most other people. I recall in the 80s/90s that Victor/jack/Jill were the three major power players.

• Members

You guys are luring me into the realm of FanFic which I'm too much of a procrastinator for.

Random thought or question: Should Gwen have scenes with Noah, just in case? I'm curious.

Still thinking about cassadine's question about Kyle. It might be fun if we see a new guy talking with the 'mole' (the kid Victor hired to get information) and when the 'mole' (sorry, I forgot his name) leaves.

We see Ashley walk in, look around to see if anyone sees them and asks "Learn anything new?" and the guy responds "Not much so far". Then a voice over that says "...the part of Kyle Abbott will now be played by..." as Ashley gives Kyle a hug. Kyle thinks it's only a matter of time until the mole figures out that he's not who he claimed to be...Kyle Jenkins.

Kyle's first appearance back in GC needs to stand out somehow. As for Summer, he needs to rattle, I mean surprise her. Now that I think about it, there's room for plenty of good ole' fashion soap tension and awkwardness when Kyle would run into Victor (remember that little espionage caper?), Phyllis (would they re-shoot that kiss?), Noah and even his Dad Jack (will he stay with Jack and Phyllis?).

And yes, he should share a few scenes with Gwen. They both work at Jabot, right?

• Members

There was something about RA today that I really, really liked. I'm not sure what it was, but he really stood out. IA with what some of yall were sayin before, that they would give him his own story.

DD, I really enjoy reading your story ideas!

• Members

What an anti-climatic Friday.

Adam and Jack were ok. But those scenes at Delia's accident were painful. Burgess/Billy is horrible. Say what you will about Billy Miller, he had his faults but I felt his pain when Delia died. This guy is unable to convey any emotion at all and I'm over it.

Could Sage have been the one that killed Delia? She decided to give Adam Gabriel's face on her own, and did not collude with Adam in covering up putting Gabriel in his place. Why would she do that for a stranger, albeit a "famous" one? Is Constance in on it? That would support what some believe regarding Nick's visit to her door.

Anyone else think that Cricket's gonna miscarry?

• Members

Yep. I also enjoyed the Adam/Jack scenes. Those were the highlights for me, even though I'm over Jack, especially as a romantic lead. JH is selling a slightly softer version of Adam, which I think was needed. He's still a class A bastard for the most part, but he has the right amount of vulnerability with the people Adam cares about.

I think it's possible Cricket will miscarry. I've wanted soaps to do a child with special needs story for a long time, so I wish they would go in that direction. Chris talking about what perfect parents they are was making me *RME*. Paul opted out of being a father twice, for pity's sake.

• Members

I don't think for a second that Cricket's baby will be born. I am sure that she is only pregnant so that drunk Nikki can cause her to lose the baby.

If Hilary is pregnant as I suspect, her child has the highest possibility of being special needs. "Punishment" for having a "love child", you know (not that I think this way but I can see TPTB going there). They will not have a special needs Newman or Abbot child, that's for sure. They cured Connor quickly.

Archived