The Young and the Restless: December 2014 Thread

• Members

kenerly1, yes, Max is doing primetime -- as in "Under the Dome" for a couple scenes in a few episodes. He's no Shemar Moore, doing YR a favor in a return. Excelled as an actor? Uh....no.

ajsp, I won't argue with you about Kevin coming across as asexual, but I think that's why he'd be better paired with a guy. We all know YR doesn't have the guts or the discipline to go that route. Michael's "I have cancer" singing scene was not just OTT, it was PAINFUL. Hard to believe no one on the set stopped that mess.

Nothin'ButAttitude, I have to disagree about Crimson Lights. I'm not "attached" to that set, but GC needs a place where characters can run into each other and not have it seem COMPLETELY contrived -- as it did yesterday. If not at the coffeehouse, where would they run into each other?

Pulling Dylan from CL and giving him a job somewhere else won't make you like Steve Burton any more than you do, either. It's not Crimson Lights' fault that Steve Burton doesn't pop for you.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, I don't think anyone here is bashing GR for playing straight. He's a very capable actor who makes the most out of crappy writing more often than he should have to. Y&R is lucky to have him, even if the Kevin character has been treading water for years now. He just shows no romantic chemistry with his leading ladies (but has shown it with some of the guys on the show -- where is Chavez anyway?), and these efforts to pair him off make me roll my eyes on good days and cringe on bad days, I have nothing but respect and affection for GR. I only wish Y&R would use him in a more suitable way.

• Members

Like others have said, Max isn't the best choice because he's not committed to the show. How can they write a story for someone who is only on every couple of months for a day or two? This show has rarely written to GR's strength, which is anger and pathos. Making him a good guy has been a fail, imo. Maybe if we're lucky NuKyle will click with Mariah.

• Members

Ashley and Joe is intriguing, they had a bit of spark and I like that they already have a past together.

Nicholas and Sage however, is not. What was the point of that horrible revelation episode in the woods if they're just going to throw him right back into another pairing like this? The Broadway superstar was like a dead fish flopping around in those scenes too, she only works in a minimal capacity helping out and simultaneously manipulating Adam.

Adam working that guilt trip on Jack was great. Such a slimey bastard but Hartley works it better than his pervert predecessor ever did.

The mustache's hands are in too many pots now, there was no need to get him involved with the developers tearing down Crimson Lights story. He and Ashley playing cat and mouse over the Jabot formula is where the money is at.

Is it awful if I want Michael to die at the end of this cancer story?

• Members

The problem isn't him playing straight, its that he has no chemistry with any of the women he's been romantically paired with. Only time he did was Jana, who was great but I heard MAB did a number on, and maybe the third Mac. The character has also far outlasted his welcome. Why are we watching this 30+ year old man write fan fiction on the internet to impress a 20 year old? Chase after bunny's? Does anyone find this entertaining? It doesn't help that everyone in his proper age group is playing much more mature story, and the ones he worked best with are all off the canvas. When a character is just straggling through the canvas like this its just time to say goodbye.

Archived