The Young and the Restless: December 2014 Thread

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I accept that they will not bring VR back. I don't agree with the position but I accept it. The canvas could still use the character. I just don't see what they are getting at with this Phyllis and Neil interaction unless it is to have Phyllis hating on Hilary when the affair comes out. Why they need to Phyllis to play that role is beyond me!

• Members

Absolutely. I missed a lot his early scenes because it seemed like he wasn't on during the episodes I caught. However, I made of point of watching today and JH is awesome. I'm really glad they took their time for the recast and got it right, unlikely Billy. GT, I'm partial to her because I've loved her previous work, and she has more good moments than weak ones, but something is still off. Phyllis was quirky but always oozed sensuality because of Stafford. I'm not feeling the sexy part yet (and I know GT has it in her), but maybe that's because of Aunt Jack. I'd love for her to steam it up with someone in the younger set. (And please stop 'testing' GT with KSJ. Just no unless this paves the way for Dru to return and find Phyllis married to Neal, I could be OK with that!) Anyway, I'm sure GT will make the role her own eventually.

• Members

IKR? JH seems to be healing the great Y&R Adam divide; those who loved MM and those who hated him seem to like JH.

I didn't get "chem test" from the Phyllis/Neil scenes. It looked like Phyllis was trying to be kind to Neil and get him to come back to Jabot and work. She was trying to be a friend to someone who was going thru a tough time after a tragic accident like she had. Knowing Phyllis however, she's capable of bringing major bitch mode and hopefully either she'll catch Devon and Hillary and rip them a new one or Neil will get his sight back soon and catch them. And I hope it's a really embarrassing, humiliating scene for Hevon because they so deserve it.

• Members

It seems odd to bring in someone that should have no POV to rip into Hevon for this affair. Do TPTB not think Neil and Lily being upset is enough for viewers? Are they planning on using someone like Phyllis to do it to garner sympathy for Hevon since Phyllis would be the biggest hypocrite on the planet for taking such big issue with their affair when she conceived her own love child from her affair with Nick? Or do they want to do it it big and embarassing and don't think fans will accept Neil orchestrating it because it would be OOC for him? I just can't finger point why Phyllis is needed in this story. I am not against it but I just don't see why.

• Members

I think Neil is going to get eyesight back - see Hilary with Devon and then turn really dark. You just know it has to play out that way. In fact, I could see Neil trying to get Hilary pregnant by messing with birth control, since we know she didn't throw away. I was skeptical of this S/L, but they've stuck with it and it's at least been interesting - might as well take it all the way!

• Members

Today was kinda boring. Is it me or does SE have chemistry with almost everyone except JC? I like him and Ashley. I even noticed a lil spark with him and Jill. Even Cane. Lol

Kelly was just strange today. And Phyllis running out of gas? Please.

JH was once again the most interesting thing on the show today. For me anyway.

Archived