The Young and the Restless: December 2014 Thread

• Members

I don't understand Phyllis running out of gas either. Do people really still do that? Aren't there buzzers and lights that flash when you're close to running out?!! I could see if it were a thirty year old rust bucket but Phyllis ain't driving that!

Agreed that Kelly was weird today. I feel so bad for Cady because she surely deserves better than this crap.

I like Adam and Chelsea so far. I think this could be good with them.

I hope they find someone to bring into Ashley's orbit but NOT Joe.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Joe & Ashley and ESPECIALLY Joe & Jill have the beginnings of what could be great chemistry. I'd be OK with either one but I'm not sure how comfortable Ashley would be with what Joe's doing (and that's before she even finds out Victor is behind it :rolleyes:). And we all know Jill won't be getting him.

Nick & Sage on the other hand? Somebody please claw my eyes out.

• Members

Oh, come on ...Industry icon Kelly Sullivan....Bam Bam Soapy Deserving Icon Broadway Superstar Kelly Sullivan...

Not even remotely there for her and Nick...Or KS and anybody...just not working.

Do we really need frat boy Josh Morrow being a big brother to Bingo...I don't think so.

As usual, JH is killing it!

• Members

I wonder if Kelly drained the gas in Phyllis' car since she did know Phyllis was supposed to be with Jack at the Athletic Club to celebrate. Maybe that's why she was acting all strange when she saw Jack because she wasn't expecting to see him....if so then I now am all for Phyllis being out of gas. tongue.png

• Members

I'm worried about what he is going to do with Sharon too. And Hillary, Devon, Ashley, and Jill. I couldn't give a damn about the rest. Especially the Newmans. Especially Victor.

Plus, I'm all for Kelly going a little cooky. I just don't want it to go overboard where Phyllis comes off looking like a victim. If anything, I hope that this leads to Kelly being a formidable rival for Redzilla. I grow tired of Phyllis winning and her crimes getting white-washed and rewarded at the end of the day. She never pays. That's why I was glad her ass got slung down them stairs a year ago.

• Members

You know, I have to laugh at Aunt Jack & Nick passing judgment on Adam & Sharon, respectively. Like Jack's lecture to Adam about no more evil or whatever and Nick's banishing Sharon. NEITHER of them had an real issues with Phyllis' history - past or present when they were together with her.

Phyllis running out of gas had better be part of Kelly's scheme; otherwise, completely not believable. Also, why on earth do these people in GC always seem to take the abandoned/out of the way roads when they are coming or leaving big events? Heaven forbid they should take a regular street.

• Members

Nick did have some issue with Phyllis history upon learning she did hit Christine and Paul. That's what somewhat landed him in Avery's orbit. But I do have an issue that everyone sweeps her demons under the rug and toss Sharon's in her face on a constant. Especially when the woman is mentally ill. Phyllis isn't. The bitch is just pure evil.

And I'm still trying to figure out how Kelly knew that Phyllis was going to take her own car. It does not make sense. Especially since Phyllis was about to hop into the car with Jack before Summer arrived. I just feel like it was some stupid plot point dropped in there that won't make sense down the road. Unless Kelly bugged that house or something.

• Members

Summer just threw hitting Paul and Chris in her face a few weeks ago, plus it was revisited a few years ago when Chris wanted to take her to court, so I wouldn't say it's been swept under the rug. How many times can they bring up something that happened 20 years ago?

I'll admit I wish they would show the flashback more often, but I suppose I'll never get to see it again, now that there's been a recast. Plus I'm less sure than you are that Phyllis isn't mentally ill. She might not be now, but I'm pretty sure we were supposed to think she was back in the day. Wasn't her psychiatrist that they brought back and killed off named Dr. Tim? I missed some episodes around that time, but it seems like Phyllis and Kevin hid the body or something shady like that.

• Members

Yeah but in that instance, it felt like Summer quickly swept it under the rug. And I'd bring it up along with her inadvertently causing Dru's death and all her other shenanigans up every single time she got out of line. But that's just me. :P

And back in the day, I agree that Red was mentally ill but not now. And is Dr. Tim dead? Was he the one they wrapped in the carpet? I thought his death was faked? See.... that whole era is a blur to me.

Archived