Y&R: April 2014 Discussion

• Members

ITA it was random, but Neil is out of the question. The dude has enough on his hands right now rather cloud the picture with something that will never happen. After this next short stint on DAYS, I wouldn't be surprised if ED was back on canvas at least on a recurring basis. She admits that Y&R's production schedule works far better than DAYS at this point in her life.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I actually find Y & R to be more watchable on a day to day basis compared to the other three soaps. That said, the stories seem to still be finishing up from Josh Griffith, starting a new.

I did catch Cady's first day as Kelly and she is all wrong for the part. It's as if she didn't bother to study the character nor watch how Watros played the character. I know the actress said she watched the show, but it didn't seem like it to me. Had she viewed the show, she would have seen that Watros is playing a character trying to get her life back on track after suffering such intense loss.. and just hanging by a thread. Kelly seemed like she was just keeping it together, her clothes and hair were disheveled and she would snap without warning especially toward Stitch. On Cady's first day, she came in nicely dressed and acting like an overgrown cheerleader. If Kelly had left for a few months to clear her head and came back like this, it would make a little more sense. I will give her a little more time, but I think the show needed to either write out Kelly or recast the character with an known.

I hate Victoria and feel bad that Stitch is stuck with her. He had more chemistry in one scene with Ashley then he's had with Victoria in the last several weeks. Also, I think David Tom does awesome work when in scenes with his mother Jill and siblings then he will ever do opposite Victoria. He and Chelsea also have great chemistry. After seeing how Amelia keeps tweeting about missing Billy Miller, I think the sooner David Tom is away from Amelia the better.

This will sound unpopular but I think it's time for Neil to be written off. I'd rather he find out Dru is alive and leave town then continually being paired with women young enough to be his daughter.

• Members
I totally agree about Cady. She really was nothing but Kelly in name. I understand with recasts there will be changes and actors wanting to put their own spin on things, but I truly saw none of the things that CW brought to the character that won me over in the first place.

Archived