Y&R: April 2014 Discussion

• Members

This was never a good idea for the Winters AGAIN!

I am absolutely loving that YR is getting a Twitter Hammering for this one. They are trying to get the audience to embrace it by asking what Heel and Hillary's ship name was. My guess is that they could not possibly like some of the answers. Once whomever reps YR on Twitter (YRInsider) was tweeted by several peeps that they tuned in for Hevon and are now tuning out, the reply was "one thing can happen today and something entirely different can happen tomorrow". Bitch, we watch soaps and we know about angst and bringing couples together. Our challenge is - we have done this too many times with the Winters. They should have left it with Hill's crush on Jack and Esme as the angst for Hevon. That moron Neil was NEVER needed!

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Right.

I am not stupid and have watched soaps a long time. I can tell whose story this is. This is clearly Neil and Hilary's love story. Its the reason they broke him up with Leslie first. Besides, You don't put a woman with a father to tell the son's love story with her. They just want to try her with Neil just to see if on the off chance they catch on. Devon will be used as angst to sell that story first. Now if it flops, they may put her with Devon. But it won't matter then because her chance at being a lead will be over. Because see, an AA woman can only come close to being a lead paired beside Neil. He will be the one getting all the airtime as the "Leslie and Hilary are Sisters" bombshell drops.

I will say this though. It seems that JFP and writers wanted to do Hevon. Maybe Sony stepped in in and dictated this route. I told you guys months ago that Hevon was taking too long. Soaps do not tell long range slow burn romances anymore. Look how quickly they put her with Neil. It's been 4 weeks since their conversation in Jack's office that night. And apparently they are in love despite Neil being in love with Leslie 4 weeks ago.

This negative response to this makes me happy too. The questuon is how far under the bus will Devon be thrown. How far will they go to sell this? But I do feel for KSJ. He can't win.

• Members

I don't give 2 sh!ts about KSJ!

I also don't believe this was a love story for Heel and Hillary. I think they are just taking the same lazy route to Hevon that they have take with the Winters since day one and its unacceptable! By the time Hevon gets together, who will care? And again, the writing team is not good enough to get Hillary out of this hole, assuming they'd make an attempt.

The true goal here is to keep Hillary in her station. Neil is the person to do that.

So happy that the Twitter peeps game thru on this one, and yes, I was more than happy to lend a helping hand!

• Members

If they truly wanted Hevon together, they would have been together by now. It's been since November. No one waits that long. I just think it is more to it than just being lazy. Lazy is Tabby. Lazy was Chadam isolated in the GCAC talking. This is not lazy. Lol

• Members

I don't think it's as much laziness as it is meandering and inept writing. (shout out to Chit, I read one of your GH posts and it jogged my memory that inept was the word I was trying to think of!smile.png )

For what it's worth, I am hoping that Devon knocks on that door loudly (I haven't read any spoilers so I don't know what happens next) and it snaps Hillary to her senses. If they wish to salvage this story any at all, they will have Hillary go to the door and have Devon, stand on the threshold, and level with her on his feelings. After he leaves, perhaps convinced his words have fallen on deaf ears, Hillary realizes that she doesn't want Neil and if she is to have any chance with Devon, she can't go any further with Neil.

Neil, concealing himself from Devon's line of sight (in a bathroom?) has heard every word and judges by Hillary's tone that things will go no further. They both decide to say nothing, Neil being convinced by Hillary that it would only hurt Devon and nothing good will come of it. Of course, Neil is now fully aware that Hillary has feelings for Devon and he recognizes the look of regret on Hillary's face and feels embarrassed but hides it.

Of course, in genuine soap fashiong, both are now sitting on a secret, which can come out at any time. Perhaps as Hillary and Devon grow closer, Hillary will want to tell him the full truth, which leaves Neil exposed.

Anyway, considering the mess that the writers have left these characters in, this is the only way I can think of to fix it.

• Members
That would have been nice but I predict Neil and Hilary sneak around behind his family's back as if they are in some passionate torrid affair. Because tgis is no longer Devon and Hilary's story. It's all about Neil and their attempt to find him another pairing that works. Eh. They have lost me. And finally succeeded in making me dislike Neil.

• Members

I think there is more to Avery's new web series. I think there is someone sinister behind it "Coughs Ian"

Dullan still bores me.

Aw, there's Devon at Hillary's door. Is that "Too much Too little Too late........." I hear??????????????????????

Jill, Jack, And Colin all had good episode.

Can't wait for Nikki to let Victor have it!

Archived