Y&R: April 2014 Discussion

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not to burst any bubbles: didn't Dullan film some romantic stuff with Avery a while back and accidentally uploaded it/mailed it to someone???

I thought the whole web series stuff is just a ploy to bring Avery to fame and then into the spotlight with the sex tape. Like the standard generic soap story.

• Members

I guess I'm alone but I really enjoyed this entire last week. I am loving Jack and Kelly. Not crazy about Hillary and Neil, but I still think this is a slow trip to Devon and Hill. The less I see of Leslie the happier I am. I used to enjoy her in scenes with Avery. I love that Y&R still allows friendships to be part of stories and that was so evident this week. Loved Devon and Cain, Jack and Jill, Summer and Noah. I continue to find Y&Y engaging even if not particularly exciting.

If one person says the same thing enough it becomes fact.

• Members

If the mystery person that FauxCassie called is right, I like the twist because it would imply that this person's plot is far deeper than we thought. CG is such an amazing talent and seeing her with her three primary acting partners really shows why - she brings out a warm side to EB, causes JM to emote in ways that he really does and with SC - it brings out the reason why we used to like Sharon - her goodness. Of all the doppelganger storylines we've had to endure during the past decade, this one actually feels good and makes me want to watch. I wasn't sure about the reveal at first, but they made the right choice by moving it swiftly. There was only so long FauxCassie could be running around town with only Sharon (and Victor) seeing her.

• Members

CM is not playing a broken woman. If she is, I'm missing it. However, the silver lining is that CW was not with the show that long so adjusting to CM won't be so difficult. Kelly's scenes with Jack are nice and Cady has much better hair. It's been looking fabulous!

• Members

CM is very well styled and poised but I did like the sense of pathos that CW brought to the role but I agree that CW wasn't in the role for very long so there is room for CM to shape things and make the role her own as the character progresses.

The only thing for me about CM is that every now and then in dribs and drabs, I've seen Roseanna peek out in a couple of scenes already. It's not overwhelming but it is there and to me, it's noticeable.

• Members

Just saw the last show and have questions

Why does Victor hate Sharon enough to try and drive her crazy? Where did he find this Cassie impersonator?

Sharon has amnesia? How much of her memory is affected and how did that happen?

Who did Leslie marry and why did she and Neil breakup? He's not messing with Hillary? Isnt she with Devon?

Leslie's wig is awful. I liked Hillary ripping into her

The doctor's name is Stitch? Really? Bc he "stiches" people up? Victoria's hair is still awful

Billy looks young and old at the same time. Weird

How did Adam die?

Abby and Tyler are engaged? Im assuming that's why they had a party. A black person marrying into the Newman family? Boy the times have changed

Why cant Jack have alcohol? He's an alcoholic? If so when did that happen?

• Members

Not sure of all the details about Victor and Sharon, but she did burn down the ranch.

Sharon's amnesia was caused by ECT. Victor saw that Cassie (Sharon's dead daughter) had a look a like. He hired her to terrorize Sharon to get her out of Nick's life. Sharon thought it was her dead daughter haunting her because of the secret she (Sharon) was keeping. She went to have her brain fried to make Cassie go away.

We don't know much about Leslie's husband because she popped up one day and said she was married after telling Neil she hated the thought of marriage.

Hillary and Devon (Hevon)? We got the shaft here. She has to be soiled with Neil first.

Not sure whey Stitch is called that. His name is really Ben.

Adam and Billy had a confrontation because Adam accidentally ran over Billy's daughter and killed her. Billy left the kid in the car and she got out to chase her dog. Billy held Adam at gunpoint and forced him into a car. They got into an accident and the car exploded. Adam is out there somewhere.

Abby and Tyler arejust lackluster to the nth degree. Not enough being done with this pairing. Also, Abby is not the right person for Tyler.

Jack was shot last year (or year before. I forget) and got hooked on pain meds. He's an addict so alcohol is off limits as well.

• Members

Ben is called Stitch because he is funny, or so I think. It is a play on he actor being a comedian IRL.

Victor also hates Sharon because she tried to destroy his company. I don't think it was intentional but Victor does. Ironic being that the people who tried to ruin him and his company are his kids who sued him for their trust fund which caused him to take the company public.

Abby and Tyler haven't married yet and I would be surprised if they do.

• Members

Tyler and Abby are okay but I agree with fact a lot more needs to be done with this pairing to save them from a back burner or forgettable demise. They just haven't been developed enough but on the other hand I do care more about Tyler and Abby than I do other several other couples and characters.

Archived