Y&R: April 2014 Discussion

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's because they were using those scenes with Lily to redeem her by garnering sympathy from the audience. They think she can get away with it with leslie because Leslie hurt Neil and leslie is acting callous towards neil, I.e. Leslie deserves it. Yet another miscalculation because it isn't Hilary's business and most folks don't even want Neil with her anyway. To top it off, people are not that upset over Leslie marrying someone. They think it is stupid writing but they aren't that mad with leslie. They are happy she escaped neil. Lol.

What's clear to me is that Hilary never wanted Devon. Maybe she was flattered by the attention but she didn't want him. We have seen her act jealous and territorial over two different men that she wanted. She goes after what she wants. Devon obviously ain't it. Whatever.

• Members

I don't see how you could get much at all out of those brief scenes. I didn't see much happen, and didn't expect much. It's like they just had Cady as Kelly interact with all the people Kelly was involved with before to establish that she was Kelly. I'm willing to give it more time. I really like CW, but I don't think she's magical or anything, and Kelly's development has been weak anyway. I think they can easily shift the direction for the character. I actually see better chem between Cady and PB, and they have a flirtier vibe to me which serves the story.

• Members

Yup, that's how I see Hilary vs Lily as opposed to Hilary vs Leslie too. I already said Leslie got the bus wheels with this out of the blue married mess to garner sympathy for poor Neil before he goes slobbing up on Hilary. Regardless of this blatant writing tactic though, it is none of Hilary's business and she needs to shut up.

I already knew Hilary didn't want Devon really. She never stepped up in any way to get him. He was hers for the taking. She prefers older men basically. That's who she gets flustered and googly eyed. I never seen that for Devon.

• Members

I can't say that Hilary only likes older guys. She was with Mason and they met and had fun together before she came to town. So that doesn't fly either.

I thought that Hilary was holding back from Devon because she didn't trust herself and thought she would hurt him. Her interactions with him were different than the other people she interacted with on canvas. I always felt that she wanted him UNTIL now. Maybe it was a rewrite.

• Members

I agree. I thought that she did. But when you put Devon between the kiss with Jack after feeling jealous over Kelly and her going after Leslie over Neil then that kind of changes things IMO. She did tell Jack that she wanted Devon in a round about way and was shown pining. Jack even mentioned him outright. BUT she didn't act when she had plenty of opportunity. She just didn't want him enough.

So, you think KSJ is behind this seeming change in direction? You think he asked for this pairing and had his request honored by TPTB? Not sure about that. I just don't think he would do that to BJ considering that BJ has never been given an opportunity for an onscreen romance.

I am also not convinced that this is a change in direction? Hevon circled each other for 4 months before Neil was brought in. I got the feeling after the 2nd month that Hevon wasn't really where they were going. Writers don't waste time putting couples together. If they were really going with Devon and Hilary, they would have slept together in Feb. after that hostage crisis. That accompanied with them barely sharing scenes together. And when they did, it was very short. Comparing that to her scenes with Jack and Neil, which were more in number, far longer, and had lots of depth.

• Members

I thought Monday's US episode was great - JM and CM still have it. Those scenes moved far quicker than I expected. The urgency and edge they had was electric. Love, loved that SC/EB scenes - it's so nice to see Sharon portrayed as a lovely woman she was once after all those years of turning her into trash. DT/MCE much better pairing than I imagined. I'm sorry, but seeing ED rockin' that bod & hair over the frump, made me think what's wrong with you Stitch?!!! I fully expect ED to return to Y&R later this year after the next stint a DAYS. No way they had those scenes for nothing. This is the second "test" with Ben. I liked the fact that it was far more complex - with Ashley both imploring Victoria not give up on her brother, while at the same time trying to get rid of the competition. That's good drama that makes potential triangles interesting. Oh, and, one interaction that works well with AH - her scenes with ED.

• Members

Ok, I could say she wanted Devon but she didn't do anything about it due to not feeling worthy of him. That's how it was playing out imo. Looks to me like Devon will have to do all the work in order for Hevon to get anywhere and he'll have to compete with his daddy to boot.

• Members

The crazy part is that he will be competing with his father who doesn't really want her. He is still in love with Leslie (along with ego and pride being hurt). Devon will have to convince her that he is the better choice. I get the feeling that Devon will be chasing Hilary, who will be chasing Neil, who will be chasing Leslie, who is married. Whether Leslie is unhappy or happily married is the question.

Warning. Two different spoilers under the tag

• Members

You might not like what I have to say. I believe Deeedee might agree. I'll tell you in private.

But I think they let Lily mouthing off at Hilary to once again tell us that CKLily is her mother daughter, strong when she need to be. But the problem is that they didn't let Hilary respond back until recently. That's why the whole Lily vs Hilary became boring.

Archived