Y&R: April 2014 Discussion

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am also convinced that they don't want Hilary to be a successful character. They chose to do the LAST thing that many fans wanted to see. You know it is bad when a large number of fans were speculating that Hilary would be Neil's daughter or niece. This will NOT be well received. I bet they won't put FauxCassie in a romance with Nick.

• Members

If it was B&B, yeah, I could see fauxCassie in a relationship with Nick - bizarrely the chemistry between JM & CM is something else. Since they aren't related and he didn't raise fauxCassie, not a problem - other than the major ick factor. Once again, this is commonplace on B&B, but not Y&R. And, no, I don't think they want Hilary to fail. I'm believe they are trying to figure out what to do with her. If they wanted her gone, there were several other story points where she could've exited.

• Members

How are they trying to figure out what to do with her when just a few months ago, Hillary was interacting with more than just the other black characters and something was building with Devon. The quickest way to get an audience over a character is to put them with Neil. Hill was getting popular, and now look at what they've done to her. She was with Jill, Jack, Kyle, Devon, Lily, Sharon etc. Now, she is shackled to Neil defending his honor to Leslie? Lawd!

• Members

Outside of the Winters and Michelsons, I think she will still interact with Jack.

I don't buy the figuring it out excuse either.

I don't think this will end well for the Hilary character. I don't see her being a long term love interest for Neil. I see him back with Leslie before Christmas anyway because I don't believe for one second that this husband is legit. And then what for Hilary? Who thinks they will put her with one of their lead white males. I don't. So that leaves Tyler, Devon, Cane, Noah, recast Kyle. Tyler is not connected to core. Who cares to see those two together? I don't. Devon will have the added ick of her having been with his father and fighting another woman for his father when she could have had him. Nah. That's not root worthy. Cane, I can see them using her to split up Lane. But then what? She will play second banana to Lily because I don't see Cane not wanting Lily back. I just don't see where the writers will insert her after Neil?

What is the end game? Hilary's doctor husband?

Oh you and your pretty rainbows. tongue.png

• Members

Thanks.

It annoys me to no end how the interviewers at Fairman's site toss in such inappropriate relationship questions to the Y&R actors/actresses. They asked MTS about her and Stitch and also asked CG about a relationship with Nick. That smut is for B&B. I don't believe that most of us want Y&R to take that sort of turn.

Archived