Y&R: April 2014 Discussion

• Members

Argh, Shelly, Tracey and Jean could save these storylines especially the Ian Ward story.

1. Leslie should've been forced to marry Ian, because he threatened Tyler, Neil, whomever

2, Courtney should've been revealed to have been in Ian's cult

3. Kind of out there, but I kind of want Ian to have yet another connection to the past (Rose DeVille or that niece from several years ago)

I don't know SOMETHING they could do

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Eww. No. I don't want Leslie being strapped down to that old goat. And I seriously doubt Ian would be stupid enough to threaten his lawyer.

But I do agree that the writers could easily save these stories with some slight tweaking.

Leslie should be married to Nate Hastings. That'd be EPIC.

Sharon needs to gain her memory back and still does need to be ostracized. I'd have her leave town to find herself, and this time do that. She should come back independent and free of the Newmans.

Kelly should be made a bitch.

Since we're stuck with Neil/Hilary (I still would've preferred Jack), I'm hoping they do continue on making Hilary the present day Jill--screwing son (Devon) while married to daddy (Neil).

Ian needs to start targeting Avery, Nikki, and Summer too. I still wish these writers would've had Fen & Summer join the cult and get deep into it only for Courtney and Noah to save them.

And if Chloe is gonna go off the rails, have her kill Kevin off before she goes. He seriously needs to go because I don't want him paired with Chelsea, which I'm sure these basic, predictable writers will do.

• Members

No matter how much Sony seems to love GR, I doubt they pair him with their #1 lead heroine. No. Chelsea is destined to have a love affair with Billy Abbot and a triangle with NuAdam.

I guess this new doctor is just something for Leslie to do while they test out Neil and Hilary. If Neil and Hilary work, then they will keep them. If they dont, then I think they will put Neil and Leslie back together and turn the new doctor crazy. Something similar to what happened with Adam/Melanie (or what ever that chick's name was) and Chelsea/Dylan last summer. I am so bitter that I have to sit through this crap before there is even a small chance at Devon/Hilary. And even then, I may not get Hevon.

• Members

I don't think Neil and Hillary are long term. She will be the woman sleeping with the son while with the father. Remember, Lily told Hillary not to disappoint her father? That had more meaning. Hill will not have the courage to move on from Neil. Just you watch.

The problem with this? That dumb witch Jean and her partners in crime don't have the skills to get us to give a sh!t about Hillary once this all goes down. I have a feeling Hill is going on my manure list really soon.

I have said for a while now - by the time HeVon get together, the people who patiently waited won't care [especially after she's been soiled with Neil]. They have changed HeVon's obstacle so much it's ridiculous.

Where's my knife?!

• Members

I've actually had the time to watch Y&R live the past three days and dare I say, I've actually enjoyed it. It hasn't been perfect by any means, but still enjoyable.

Though I definitely could've done without the forced Noah and Caroline wink wink [!@#$%^&*] today. It felt very RC-like.

• Members

I noticed that line from Lily. Didn't she say it or something similar more than once?

I also noticed Hilary being extremely uncomfortable in the presence of Neil and Devon. I get the feeling that Neil is not really what she wants. Or at least that is how it comes across. She seems to be just allowing herself to fall into something with him. She left that party as soon as she could when she had the chance to stay and spend more time with Neil.

I agree that JP lacks skill. But I also think that Mishael Morgan is a very sympathetic actress. Her and BJ have created something from nothing. The pairing seem to have buzz and they barely get a chance to interact. Their weekly scene, if they get it, is about 30 seconds long. I have every hope that both will be able to elevate the material. Most relationships that start from cheating rarely get support and never lasts (unless you are Victoria Newman). That's really why I don't want this story.

One thing is clear to me though. TPTB don't give a [!@#$%^&*] about Hilary past what story they can squeeze out of her to give the Winters drama. They have no real interest in her becoming a lead or the success of her character winning over the audience. I won't be surprised if Hilary ends up leaving town after it all goes down.

• Members
Olivia/Nathan/Dru

Dru/Neil/Olivia

Olivia/Malcolm/Dru

Malcolm/Dru/Neil

Neil/Olivia/Malcolm

Neil/Alex/Malcolm

Malcolm/Sophia/Neil

Nathan/Keshia/Malcolm

Devon/Tyra/Neil

Devon/Hilary/Neil

I guess that all of them. No other Y&R clan is boxed in like the Winters clan.

• Members

You missed Dru/Keith/Olivia. Isn't that the doctors name that came back with Dru when she returned in 2003? Olivia ended up with him after Dru took Neil back.

At this rate, I am surprised that they didn't put Devon with Leslie as opposed to casting someone. But they seem to care about her in her own right. Not much though. Just enough not to ruin her.

Archived