Y&R: April 2014 Discussion

• Members

Steve kent is Jill's boss and keeps her employed. Victoria trashed Steve on a major personal level and he is head of SONY. People don't know that when Maria was EP she tried to get Victoria back and was flat out told out of the question. The bells have very little power as we saw ousting for Jill which in a way has resulted in higher ratings. Jill doesn't know Victoria at all and when she was asked she kind of gave the answer no comment or I am not getting involved. Victoria called Steve a racist pig the head of freaking SONY u think she will be back. That's why they always tell u when u leave a job no matter of u hate the job or bosses u leave on good terms u never burn a bridge isn't that common sense? I recently had someone i know get fired I worked with and he went on Facebook bashing the management and the company. Never a good idea. Again persona non grata. My question to you is would you rehire someone who called u and your company racists and continually bashes your show, network and all affiliated companies? I doubt anyone would entertain that. She dug her own grave and now she's financially miserable. That's her own fault.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If Emmy winning actors like Darnell Williams & Maura West can't sell their Y&R pairings & stories there's only so much the actors can do with the material. Tonya Williams & Tricia Cast have done whatever Y&R have asked them (through several regime changes) but their performances haven't merited better stories or frontburner romances. Who honestly believes Tricia Cast could have better sold the Ronan story or that Tyra was the next big thing for the black storylines because Tonya Williams repeatedly said it between cups of coffee at Crimson Lights?

Neil has been a waste for years because Neil is nothing more than a token. NO actor (no matter how good) can give themselves airtime & good writing UNLESS they're writing themselves. All actors can do is interpret what they're given & when they receive less than half the airtime of newer actors & are stuck in the same set they've been in for almost 25 years there's a problem.

But that isn't Kristoff's fault.

He's not the most exciting actor (he's no Darnell Williams or Justin Deas) nor would he win emmys or oscars if he were to try his hand at outside work BUT he is a solid actor who has been exceedingly loyal to The Bells & tried his best to sell everything the various writing regimes have given Neil. When the writing is bad though, nobody blames the white actors for their inability to overcome the horrible material so why should the black actors who are working with less resources (to put it mildly) expected to be miracle workers? White actors certainly get criticized for their tics (Braeden's mumbling, LeBlanc's scenery chewing, Cooper's acting with her hands) but those same actors are excused by most fans when the writing is bad.

Kristoff has repeatedly stated Vicki & Dru are integral parts of Neil's story but he's also acknowledged that he's done the best he can in her absence. However he can't outright blame the show & the writers for the lack of investment in Neil & the other Black characters (look how severely he was punished the last time he even mildly criticized the writing). After almost 25 years Neil could & should be an integral force on Y&R but he's stuck in a love triangle with his son & an actress more than 20 years his junior who he has no chemistry with all because they're Black.

• Members

Oh I can't wait to watch that clip. And that is all she's good at playing. The Valley Girl. Which is the last thing Drucilla's daughter should be. IMHO.

I see the points about Neil. I did say if the writing just isn't there, I guess there just isn't much more that can be do. They can only play it so much and the writing hasn't been there for Neil or any of them, really.

And why is Robert Adamson completely wasted? They don't know what to do with Noah at all. Maybe they, you know, shouldn't have aged him?

• Members

LOL. If Jack Deveraux can donate organs and come back from the dead and if Erica Kane's aborted fetus turns up alive ... they'll make her Cassie if she wants to stick around, or some twin that Sharon forgot about. It's as simple as that. You're thinking of the old Y&R, before MAB brought back Phillip from the dead. I wouldn't at all be surprised if Cassie is alive. Maybe Ian snatched her and brainwashed her? IDK. LOL. I'm just grasping like Jean will.

Archived