Y&R: April 2014 Discussion

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Does this total include PB & EH? I suppose we should talk about all the cancelled CBS soaps represented on the show (Capitol, GL, ATWT, etc.) Honestly, people complain when old prime time stars are on the show ("they should've hired someone with soap roots) and then they complain when they come from another soap ("oh, GH is taking over") Gosh, all I care about is that they can act.

BTW- Speaking of and ex-AMCer, MCE's latest old skool Hollywood look is awesome. I hope they keep Chelsea with the more sophisticated style. It really suits her and her Newman status.

• Members

Hendrickson would have been a much better addition if they actally wrote Chloe with any semblance of personality after her debut. Her pairing with Kevin put the final nail in her coffin, IMO. Kevin should be leaving, not Chloe.

I don't see the big deal. JY was on B&B before AMC (and GH for that matter). MCE is the one that visually 'fits' Y&R if they dress her and write her correctly. Her character has also been a mess.

And Jill Larson is guesting. I don't see the big deal.

Steve Burton is the biggest airhog and his character is doing NOTHING. It's such a waste of money.

And one last comment on the Jean issue. People can be well loved. It doesn't make her a good writer.

• Members

I think saddling Chloe with a kid was the first mistake but once MAB and Hamner started pushing Chlovin, it was a wrap for her character. I can't believe they've lasted 4 years and it would've continued had EH not quit. Interesting how both of Kevin's wives got wrecked and yet he gets to move on unscathed and sympathetic. TPTB love GR.

• Members

If she is not Cassie, I can see them pairing Kevin with her. While they love GR, I don't see them pairing him with a young Newman lead nor a Newman associate. If she will just be a fringe supporting character, then they might just go there.

• Members

They don't have the young generation hanging out like they used too when they had Daniel, Janna, and Amber. I saw the purpose then because he gave Michael story. Since Fen has been soras'd, what is the point of Kevin now. So, I agree with you. But they could just have him working at the station with no romance.

If she is Cassie, I am pretty sure NuKyle will be cast for her.

• Members

March 2014 Episode Rankings

A total of 19 episodes aired this month.

1. Eric Braeden (Victor Newman) 12

*. David Tom (Billy Abbott) 12

3. Peter Bergman (Jack Abbott) 10

*. Steve Burton (Dylan McAvoy) 10

*. Melissa Claire Egan (Chelsea Newman) 10

*. Amelia Heinle (Victoria Abbott) 10

*. Christel Khalil (Lily Ashby) 10

January-March 2014 Episode Rankings

A total of 61 episodes aired during this period.

1. Melissa Claire Egan (Chelsea Newman) 41

2. Peter Bergman (Jack Abbott) 38

3. Eric Braeden (Victor Newman) 36

*. Amelia Heinle (Victoria Abbott) 36

5. Greg Rikaart (Kevin Fisher) 32

6. Joshua Morrow (Nick Newman) 30

7. Steve Burton (Dylan McAvoy) 28

*. Elizabeth Hendrickson (Chloe Fisher) 28

9. Sean Carrigan (Stitch Rayburn) 27

*. Christel Khalil (Lily Ashby) 27

*. Cynthia Watros (Kelly Andrews) 27

12. Sharon Case (Sharon Collins) 26

13. Jessica Collins (Avery Clark) 25

*. David Tom (Billy Abbott) 25

Dylan (not an airhog) gives Nikki, Nick, Victoria, Stitch, Billy, and Avery dialogue. Hopefully there will be more with Paul, too.

Archived