Y&R: April 2014 Discussion

• Members

Neil trying to be smooth...PUKE! Fret not, I'm embarrassed for you KSJ! I have wanted Neil dead for quite some time now, but it's on another level now - a very unhealthy level. He's a putrid character, and w/out Vicky R to carry KSJ, you can see just how putrid he really is. There has not been a woman yet [since VR] strong enough to conceal that Neal is worthless! Wish he was dead. Is 6 feet the max or does the law allow you to dig deeper?!

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Neil has been a non-character for years now. Even Kristoff recognizes the character's pointless without Drucilla.

YES! Well said! I couldn't agree more.

Why are characters so boxed into their own storylines? If you can even call them storylines.

The show was definitely a tad better before Jean got her hands on it. Once she did, it all reverted back to the typical box everyone together mantra. At least that's how I see it.

Despite a few gripes I have with Phelps, it's surprising she's the least of the problems. The writing has been lacking on Y&R for nearly 10 years now.

• Members

It's so funny...I'm supposed to be working on a project and it's currently stalled (due to circumstances not of my making) so I decided to work on a personal project and I'm blocked on that but I can makle up sh*t off the top of my head at a moment's notice for this frickin' show!laugh.png Oh, the humanity!

• Members

I just can't stand LiLy's voice, it gets me every time and throws me out of her scenes; I was disgusted with Chloe' behvior but her scenes today reined it all in for me she's been acting like self-entitled twit because of her daughter's death.

Yes, EH should lay off the botox it makes her look older. I've never seen romantic chemistry between her and Kevin.

I'm trying to think of something I really liked about this eppy I'd guess its the tag scene when Jill walked in on Colin' phone call.

• Members

Neil is a fine character & Kristoff is a solid actor but he can only do so much with the material.

Y&R could write ANYTHING for Neil (just as they could for Tonya Williams & Olivia or Veronica Redd & Mamie) who are all veteran characters of color played by solid actors of color that can stand on their own with or without Vicki.

But Kristoff can only do so much with forced romantic pairings (look how much Sharon Case struggled to sell Victor & Sharon) & scene partners who couldn't engender sympathy no matter how many obstacles are thrown at them (how much have Cane & Lily been through in the past 7 years)?

Y&R wrote a horrible gay storyline a few years ago but that doesn't make Yani Gellman a bad actor. It makes him a decent actor who couldn't & shouldn't have been expected to spin such horrendous writing into gold nor does that storyline prove gay stories & gay characters shouldn't exist in daytime. All it is is a reflection of the writers lack of total imagination & complete lack of respect for the characters & actors involved in those stories.

Any soap that keeps Joshua Morrow frontburner for 20 years should (at the very LEAST) be able to write non-offensive stories for minority characters.

• Members

Neil worked better with Drucilla for the same reason everyone else worked so well with Drucilla: b/c Drucilla was just the sort of character (and Victoria Rowell the sort of actor) who made magic happen on-screen. Whenever it came to Dru, you never needed to work hard to find story. She generated it simply by entering the room.

• Members

Here Here.

The one story that they SHOULD be telling for Neil and we all know that Kristoff St John could sell the heck out of it Neil starting his own cosmetics company and struggling to make it work. But TPTB (I am convinced it is Sony) refuse to put the character Neil and the Winters family on par with their counterparts.Even the billionaire Devon just owns the GCAC. Now while I see nothing wrong with GCAC considering it is better than Billy owning a restaurant and Nick owning a club, those in charge have made a point of having other characters whom they want us to perceive as above him to denigrate it (Victor, Colin, Cane). Times like that, I would love to see Devon and Neil take Chancellor from Victor. But no, they have Colin and Cane involved with taking Chancellor, as if either is anything other than a mobster, liar, and a con.

• Members

Why do we keep talking about Victoria Rowell? Shes never coming back period. She's persona non grata. She keeps opening her big mouth. She trashed Steve kent who has made sure she never darkens y and rs door again. She is a good actress but what she should have done is make amends with people but sometimes a little too late.

• Members

I think if Jill Farren Phelps wanted Victoria Rowell she'd get Victoria Rowell, regardless of Steve Kent. Aren't Steve and Jill 'friends'? I'm sure she could talk him into it if it was good for the show. And don't proceed to tell us what to talk about Jonny. Thank you. And unless you can prove for a fact she will never come back, save it please.

And I disagree that there's "only so much you can do" with the material. But I do agree if there's just nothing there at all, what more can you really do?

I never said anything about Kristoff. I still say Neil has been a waste for years now but to each their own. What purpose has he served? What has he done? That awful NOTMalcolm/Sophia story? Which was on if you were lucky a few times a month, if that? I stand by what I said. And I like the character of Neil but there's no investment in him that I can see and I feel bad for Kristoff. He's all but admitted his character is useless without Victoria and Drucilla. And that's not how it should be.

• Members

That's just the point, I don't think anyone involved with making the show want the Winters to be anything beyond tokens. So I think we are safe on a limb by saying that they won't be bringing on anyone to give the Winters any sort of boost. And that includes bring on Dru (either recast or VR), Olivia and/or young Nate.

I have never seen a WTD get so little play as I did Malcolm/Neil/Sophia.

• Members

Steve kent is Jill's boss and keeps her employed. Victoria trashed Steve on a major personal level and he is head of SONY. People don't know that when Maria was EP she tried to get Victoria back and was flat out told out of the question. The bells have very little power as we saw ousting for Jill which in a way has resulted in higher ratings. Jill doesn't Victoria st all and when she was asked she kind of gave the answer no comment or I am not getting involved. Victoria called Steve a racist pig the head of freaking SONY u think she will be back. That's why they always tell u when u leave a job no matter of u hate the job or bosses u leave on good terms u never burn a bridge isn't that common sense?

Archived