Y&R: April 2014 Discussion

• Members

It feels like they're shoving her off the show but I could be wrong.

On a somewhat superficial vibe, bangs really suit her, her hair has been looking much improved as of late. As for CW, I noticed that scene too but just as she's about to leave (*sighs*)

Could it be:

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh god more amelIa bashing. I thought she has been absolutely stellar this week. Jean has written her some meaty stuff and she has been great with David Tom. Amelia is on her 10th year at y and r. Omg how gorgeous is she? Probably one of the most beautiful women to grace the screen.

• Members

Probably not, which is sad because IMO, Olivia is 1/4 of the Barbers/Winters clans, which made Y&R extremely popular in the 90s. And the Olivia/Nathan/Keesha affair (and AIDS) story is one of the most powerful stories told on daytime; might I add too, that TLW killed it with her performance from start to finish. That scenes when Dru spills the beans that it's Keesha that slept with Nathan, and the morning after when she went over to Keesha's apartment and flips was some of the best acting I've seen on soaps in my lifetime. It still boggles my mind how they've reduced the Winters/Barbers clans into nothing with the exception of Lily and Cane, who bore many of us to tears. I'd love for Y&R to bring on Nate and try and recapture what they had with this family in the 90s.

Boy do I miss the days when Y&R (and GL) had characters that looked like me drive stories on soaps. These characters are the ones that grabbed my attention as a child and made me a loyal fan of the genre.

• Members

" Omg how gorgeous is she? Probably one of the most beautiful women to grace the screen."

I think you need an HD TV! She has a mouth that's way too big for her face, gaps in her teeth and eyebrows that look like woolly worms are glued to her brow. Her facial expressions make me gag!

• Members

They done moved to Avery wanting to be the Rachel Ray of GC. You know its messed up when I feel alittle bad for Dullan for having to deal with her culinary crises. Yet its funny how he's basically a talk to for everyone now. As it should be. Bland sucka.laugh.png

Ok about this Leslie getting married mess, uh wtf? Maybe she's being blackmailed cuz this just makes no sense. Honestly it looks like she got the bus wheels so poor crushed Neil can go slob down Hilary.rolleyes.gif Why this doctor hubby gotta be black? Hell surprise me Kenneth Wong or something. Diversity ain't just adding more blacks and if they're isolated then that sucks also.

ETA: Michael Logan tweeted that St. John and Pelphrey turned down playing Adam. Good for them. He also said Barash is in the mix but that ALOT of actors are testing.

• Members

There's no real explanation for what happened with Ian's storyline except it got caught in the middle of a HW'ing regime change. Either that, or CBS and/or Sony has interfered on account of the story bearing more than a passing resemblance to Scientology.

• Members

Yep, this is typical Y&R. While they are casting the role for this "Doctor" Leslie met online and married, i'm not expecting much. I think the story of Leslie getting married was a last minute re-write, because it didn't fit in with her pouring her heart to Neil about her fears of marriage based on her parents. It also seemed out of character. I'm also not interested in seeing Neil with the only other black woman when he seems more like a father figure or mentor. They could've found somebody else to hook him up with. They can finally pair Hilary up with Devon to give him an onscreen relationship. Oh well, I guess some things just won't change in GC.

• Members

In my opinion, big problem with Y&R is inconsistency in regards to writing and production. By that I mean the writers and directors all appear to have their own distinct styles, which means two episodes set in the same place, covering the same period of time could look and sound markedly different.

On a similar point, I've noticed on a few occasions recently, that episodes broken down by Natalie Minardi Slater are written by Janice Ferri Esser and directed by Sally McDonald. It happened this week and I noticed it either last week or a couple of weeks ago. More often than not, even if moving a cup of coffee amounts to the sum total of the episode, they are still the closest thing to a Y&R a lot of us remember.

Archived