B&B: March 2014 Discussion Thread

• Members

Actually, it's not far-fetched that select members of a family would hide/ignore/rationalize a mental illness. I mean it would have been weird if Aly's return had been filled with that backstory from get-go. It usually takes some type of public incident that can't be ignored to get people to talk. It's not great, but it's not like Aly has been on the canvas for years and suddenly we hear about it.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's out of the blue, for sure. Having said that, they've tried to ease into it with Pam talking (very beautifully, I thought -- thanks Michele Val Jean!) about coping with mental issues. IMO, Ally is not full Sheila like Quinn kind of is. Like a lot of teenagers, she has moments of anxiety and anger that she needs to come to terms with and manage. She has poured all her energies into this HFTF "belief system" and walking in on Hope and Wyatt was like that moment when you realize, as a kid, that your parents still do it -- total shock and revulsion. lol!

It was actually a really good scene the way Ally went off and Wyatt shouted back at her. Also when Hope and Ally were talking, KM rose to the occasion for the first time in months. I think Matula is underrated as an actress but, god, that shmoopsy-moopsy love stuff was driving me nuts.

I honestly am waiting to see what Ally is going to do next!

KKL and WH have such an easy chemistry. Not saying we need to revisit Throoke (though I did love them), but it would be great to have Winsor Harmon back on contract and in important scenes on the show. He also looks the part with his smart suits now that Ridge is going down the black-polo-shirt-and-mom-jeans route (though, thankfully, no ponchos or love beads for now).

Great banner, Cheap!

Note to self. Ironing your hair makes you EVUL.

• Members

I love that app!

Katie and Ridge - PUKE!

Cat, I think KM is so underrated because she's not given anything outside of who Hope is sleeping with. Something worse than putting her with Liam is putting her with Wyatt. I hate him so much! BB does not have time for stories because they can't get past Brooke and Hope's vaginas.

• Members

Agreed. I can't with that nonsense about which man will Hope confer access to her 'special flower'? I thought Lame was bad -- now we have controlling (and e-nun-ci-a-ting) slimeball Wyatt. The man can't even let her go away for a work trip for two days in the company of her own mom! Is he cutting up her food for her, too, under the guise of being romantic and caring? And Brooke was giving the stowaway on board her private jet the thumbs up! WTF?

KM shines when she actually has material -- like with the Ally situation, or when she saw her father again, or when she went to counselling with Brooke's sex doctor.

Archived