B&B: March 2014 Discussion Thread

• Members

You are right there and I couldn't agree more. I think Brad knows what he's doing here. I'm sort of sorry that they are making Katie take the fall, but they needed a way to make Brooke sympathetic again.

I don't really see what Katie has done is the same as what Brooke did. Brooke isn't married, Katie hasn't had an affair with her husband behind her back. Brooke doesn't have postpartum depression, she just has a sense of entitlement. If she had been listening to Ridge at all, she'd know Ridge doesn't really want her anymore. Brooke has screwed nearly every male relative Ridge has and the man of every female relative she has. Katie is no where near on Brooke's level and won't be unless this show gets another 20 years.

Here we disagree. KKL has aged (beautifully, imo) and I don't mind that we see that. It's not some sort of national disgrace to have a few wrinkles.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You're preaching to the choir there. If RM were still in the role of Ridge it might work a little better. I'm loving TK, but I think people associate RM as the love of Brooke's life. Losing him is worse than any other loss for Brooke. We'll see how this plays out.

• Members

Well said and I absolutely agree! I like that Brooke looks normal and her age. After what HT did to her beautiful face, I would think that would leave fans wanting less, not more, crazy immobile faces.

• Members

You both say that but she happens to have one of the most botoxed faces on daytime right now. People are always commenting on the bad work she's had done on this forum. I find it hard for her to emote bc her face doesnt respond in the same way anymore as a result. Her cheeks tend to look really puffy compared to like 2 years ago. That's not natural aging but a result of intervention

• Members

I don't dispute that KKL has had work done and that there have been times when it is waiting to settle and she doesn't look too hot. But I'm also going by the screen cap you posted here, and all thinks considered, her cheeks are not puffy, nor are her lips, her eyes have wrinkles (KKL told me to tell you she calls them 'laugh lines' laugh.png ), and so does her forehead which looks less botoxy than usual.

She doesn't seem to have had many fillers in some months precisely because of all the aspects I pointed out. Do I think KKL looks a little older than she used to? Sure. As would be expected. Honestly, I prefer her as she is now than when she's had all her work done and, as you say, has trouble emoting with her eyes, forehead and cheeks. It looks tight and painful. But regardless of whether she gets more work done or uses a lighter hand... Brooke will forever be a sex kitten no matter how old KKL gets. Because with Brooke, it's not about age, it's a personality thing. It's a golden vagina thing! lol

Honestly, I'd rather she didn't touch her face but rather worked on her hair, to make it more fulsome and wavy, and maybe mixed it up with a trim, different hairstyles, etc. Some jewellery and perhaps tweak her makeup, too. Around the holidays, when KKL puts on the red velvet and the red lipstick, curls her hair and wears some lovely earrings for the Xmas episodes, she looks really good.

And given that I dissed HT's past facial work, I am going to give it to Ms. Tylo last week. She looked fantastic. More than that, she looked breathtaking. Her old self. She was emoting and moving her lips and forehead and it didn't look difficult or painful. Ok, the jaw-lift she has had looks a little severe but I am being super picky there. Her hair also looked glossy and her clothing luxurious. She was a vision. Well played HT!

• Members

I find Brooke (KKL) to be looking incredibly beautiful still, and she has aged in the most graceful way. Not all people are wrinkle-free young. Not all of them. Saying that an older person should not have a closeup in a show, that is not about plastic faces or youth, but DRAMA, I don't understand. The idea that a woman is beautiful, when she is only young, is so off to me.

• Members

I didn't say she's aged naturally, I think she's aging well compared to most people. Actresses are always going to get some work done. My point is that I don't think she needs to go hide under a paper bag because she has some wrinkles. TIme's a bitch, most people find that out sooner than they'd like to.

• Members

I believe KKL has aged gracefully - sespecially by soap/Hollywood standards. Sure she's done some work, but it hasn't been a complete reconfiguring of her face. But, the real fun was today - I loved HT performance as Brooke was dismissing her aas a rival/threat. It was fantastic. Isn't it so Brooke that she said she'd forgive Katie for her delusions when it wasnt so long ago that brooke was beginning t oget in Katie's good graces? I'm really looking forward to Brooke's downfall. I hope it is steep and has her questioning her sex appeal, etc. With the propoer writing/pacing, this could give KKL some amazing material. Frankly, as SF always said, KKL is underrated as an actress. No way they could have been such great screen partners for 25+ years otherwise.

• Members

Ridge and Katie are pigs and I fail to see how this couple has any rooting value. Katie came across like Brooke did last year. I guess one can say its karma but it didn't exactly paint Katie in a positive light. It was ironic hearing Brooke go on about her love and history for Ridge and how they have a son together, while Katie was like, oh well, I don't care, I love him and we are going to be together. The show is repeating history except they've reversed the roles here

• Members

The main reason I think Katie/Ridge are different than Brooke/Bill is that Katie and Ridge have not had an affair behind Brooke's back.They developed feelings during the time Brooke and Ridge weren't even together. They confessed their feelings to Brooke before they had sex and, yes, I think that matters.

Not that I'm saying hooking up with a siblings love is ever right, IRL. However, by B&B standards Katie and Ridge have been pretty tame. I'm shocked that they didn't marry Bridge again and then make it an affair with Katie pregnant. That's how I expected this to go.

Pam was a fool to say the things she did to Quinn. I hate it when people on soaps show their hand like that.

Archived