Y&R: January 2014 Discussion Thread

• Members

I would agree with you if not for you all convincing me that Chloe and Kevin were retcons...sometimes, I guess they are necessary. I don't want to seem the hypocrite because i am glad for Chloe and Kevin (he was interesting once). So, I will say, this is what happens when you hire actors with mediocre talent and minimal stage presence that can't sell a story then insist on keeping them. Bringing him in tied to Avery and involved with Chelsea was a misstep. I don't know who fooled the higher ups like these two could or should be the female leads on Y&R.

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I get your point and agree for the most part. I was really just pointing out that she had in fact gotten rid of black characters whether she needed to or not.

With that being said I was glad that she made Leslie a regular and also they haven't gotten rid of Mason yet which he seemed like he wouldn't be around that long by the way he was being bounced from story to story.

• Members

I get your point and agree for the most part. I was really just pointing out that she had in fact gotten rid of black characters whether she needed to or not.

With that being said I was glad that she made Leslie a regular and also they haven't gotten rid of Mason yet which he seemed like he wouldn't be around that long by the way he was being bounced from story to story.

• Members

Here's my theory on why they are getting rid of Kyle...they created some not so grande passion between Kyle and Summer to fuel this WTD story. I think it is coming to an end soon and they don't want to be forced to put Summer and Kyle together or play out why they won't be together in a sensible way. With Kyle off screen, the writers can just move on to whatever story they have planned next for Summer. Drugs and Fen seemingly.

• Members

I'm not surprised Tyler is still around. AM said she knew Shemar no longer being on the show left a black hunk void so in comes Tyler and Mason, the latter of which wasn't even a planned character but LA left a good impression while auditioning for the Tyler role. As for Hilary, I'm glad they're invested in her. I just don't think she was brought on for Devon but I am bummed that she seems to have been cleaned up partially for him though.

Archived