Y&R: January 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

KSJ still adlibs plenty of his lines. I think BJ does it too sometimes. I have heard him say things that I don't think was written (him calling Hilary "girl"). As for code switch, they need to be in the boardroom and shown working to be able to do it. It's a fine line between what some consider truthful and sterotypes. DM tried it and it was a major fail. She took it way too far in her attempt to have Yolanda totally different from Angie.

• Members

Thursday, the one airing Jan 2 in the United States.

And it looked AWFUL, like some CGI mockup of a house that doesn't get the Abbott mansion right at all. At least when Y&R did the exterior shoot for Mac & Billy's wedding at the Chancellor mansion, someone in the production team clearly killed themselves finding a house that was bang on what Katherine's house would look like.

• Members

I'm sure they stole this from the Sims or sth. like that. It's embarassing (as a screenshot it looks etter than on TV though LMAO!). JFP is truly a great producer...laugh.png

Good to know that no one even bothered to look at the Abbott mansion set (the front door!!!) before finding this gem.

vlcsnap-2014-01-04-11h09m45s85.jpg

• Members

According to her Twitter account the Chancellor mansion is getting an exterior to be revealed on the US Monday episode.

The number of times Angelica McDaniel (who I actually like and think is a refreshing change so far as daytime execs go seeing as she appears to take some pride in her work for CBS Daytime) had to reiterate that it was the Abbott mansion just goes to show how bad this mock up is. And I do think they tried with the front doors themselves...it's just that the rest of the front facade of the house looks absolutely wrong, for one thing there isn't a window in the living room facing outward, that wall has a doorway in it! As well, the house isn't symmetrical as the door leading past the stairs goes towards another hallway.

Just wrong in every way because it is so standard and cookie cutter. Had it been an original (even original in the bad sense) design, it would have been harder to argue, but this one is just a failure based on simple geometry.

• Members

Hopefully they will use the one from a few years back which they probably won't.

On this occasion I want to mention that in the late 90s the show sometimes used exterior shots like randsom green shots to illustrate THE RANCH but there also was MGM Tower from Culver City (???) doubling as the Newman Enterprises Headquarters... But those real filmed shots like they use them on B&B.

As for Angelica McDaniel: she does truely seem into her CBS programms which is a good start and I appreciate it. The holiday programming with 1998 episodes is also a reason to thank her.

Archived