Y&R: January 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I doubt Adam's exit will affect Chelsea all that much. They are already setting up that Jack will be Chelsea's new hero. I am sure she will be tested around. Maybe Stitch? NuOldBilly? Alex? Dylan again? I mean she has plenty of options. I doubt she will be sitting around since all her character can manage to do is marry and get pregnant. Maybe they can spice it up and finally show her fashion business actually doing something. I would actually welcome that.

But it seems like the plan is for Chloe to go crazy and for Victor to come after Connor. So Chelsea will be plenty busy.

• Members

Rewrite? Not sure it was a rewrite. The fact that they brought her in to be in involved with Cane, a thought to be chancellor, it makes perfect sense that she would be Esther's daughter. Considering that this is MAB, I don't doubt that this was always to be revealed. Just like I always thought Tucker would be revealed as Devon's father. I know people think that Dylan being Nikki's son was a rewrite. I don't think that is the case. It just doesn't feel like a rewrite considering the people he was given story with.

• Members

An EP or a HW would never admit to it being a re-write. Chloe was introduced in February 2008 as a fashionista and was just a foil for Cane/Lily.

It was only at the end of August of the same year that she was suddenly revealed to be Esther's daughter.

• Members

Perhaps but Dylan was brought on in January and it was just now revealed that he was Nikki's kid. Kevin was on for quite sometime before he was revealed as Kevin's brother too. I thought I read somewhere that CLB knew that he was getting a brother when Kevin was cast. My point is that I am Not sure the timing matters to intentions. I just chalk it up to Writers liking to keep a little mystery surrounding new characters sometimes.

I disagree that writers never admit to retcons. I have seen them admit that a certain character intended for a short arc catching on then them changing things to keep them on.

• Members

I'm pretty sure the writers or actors admitted that Chloe being Esther's daughter wasn't planned from the beginning, hence having to find an explaination for the name (her real name is Kate Valentine, not Chloe Mitchell). Also, Kevin being Michael's brother was NOT planned from the start. Kevin was brought on as a child rapist who had raped several underage girls before he raped Lily and gave her an STD. It was only once they decided they wanted to keep him that they came up with the Michael twist and white-washed his background.

Archived