Y&R: January 2014 Discussion Thread

• Members

I can't deal with those Nick/Sharon voiceovers. They could not have been worse or more unnecessary. The actors could have communicated their thoughts just by the looks & it would have made Nick's slip of the tongue more unexpected.

Every new person on the show is connected to every other new person! Stitch & Kelly! Chavez & Mopeney!

It says a lot about the state of a show when they need to retcon hundreds of relationships just to create some drama.

What's next? Hilary is Neil's long lost daughter?

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

BetterForgotten, in the Dec. Y&R thread you asked about Keith Dennison, Trisha and Megan's dad. He and Jill dated for a while. Not long after they broke up, he had some sort of medical incident and went into a coma. I think Trisha then tried to kill him but she was unsuccessful.

• Members

Keith & Jill broke up long before his medical problems.

Tricia intended to smother him until she realized he was unresponsive (he had a stroke & was rushed to the hospital) which is how Tricia eventually ended up living with Victor at the penthouse.

• Members
Wasn't Hilary just beginning then? But I don't think they would have ever gone there with them because I still think she was brought on for Devon. I appreciate JFP keeping Tyler on despite plans being initial plans being derailed. Normally for black characters are sent packing when things changed.

• Members

There were also rumors that Dylan was going to be Sharon's brother. I do think that the Nikki's son thing was added in as the relationship with Chelsea was not working and they need something for him to do. This is what happens when they hire someone who has no place on the canvas.

• Members

I cannot remember the timing with Hilary. I do know that the Tyler/Abby thing came out of nowhere. I don't think that Hilary was brought in for Devon. I think she was brought in for Cane to have someone when Lily got involved with Tyler since they ripped Chelsea away from Cane and gave her to Dylan.

Regarding Lily:

• Members

I don't think they were ever going to go all the way with Tyler and Lily while she was married to Cane. At first I did, but not anymore. If anything, cane was going to cheat on her with Hilary first causing their split....and I think at the end of the day, Hilary was still going to be with Devon and cane was going to be used elsewhere on canvas.

If not, I commend JFP once again for keeping an AA character and finding a place for them instead of sending them on their way like MAB did time and time again.

• Members

And she should have! I love black characters on Daytime more than the next person, but there was no thought put into those 2 characters at all. Yarmony was an embarrassment to the great Debbie Morgan. I'd rather watch her on old eppies of What's happening and Good Times than to watch that ghetto mess Mabby created. It was awful and insulting!

• Members

Whether she should have or not she's still gotten rid of at least 4 black characters but yet was praised for not doing so. I think Sophia, Sarge, and Roxy all had potential but were victims to bad writing or no writing at all.

• Members

I am surprised that Tyler and Hilary are still around, but that could be Sony not JFP. I find it hard to believe that they would ever bring in a love interest for Devon who has been ignored for years. I think that after JG left and they decided to keep Hilary, they decided that Devon was the logical place to put her. The new regime seems to be all about couples and unable to conceptualize writing a triangle.

• Members

Perhaps, but to me, Hillary, Devon, Leslie and Mason have better potential and they are gradually connecting them to the canvas, especially Hillary. It's a matter of opinion, but at least Jill didn't replace them with white characters. They are involved in stories and not just the "black stories".

Archived