Y&R: January 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think that was more of a "No one gives a [!@#$%^&*] about Mason" overall comment. But as for Abby and Mason... she dated Carmine. They seemed to get over that just fine even after she kidnapped herself. Abby is Abby.

• Members

God! I wish I cared.

But Hevon were so lovely yesterday wub.pngwub.pngwub.png

I really enjoyed the show and looking forward to Hill vs Lily.

I can't tell you how much I love Devon being the new owner of TGC :) How did the club come up for sale?

Lame running it is ok because it gets these black characters (and those masquerading as black) out of the bubble.

Where's Jack?

Where's Jill?

Where's Stitch?

Ghost Cassie, please STFU and go away. Sharon, please tell the truth!

Josh playing Hunter's father is almost as bad as Sharon playing Gregory's mother. SORASed too soon!

• Members

I have resisted the urge to gush and gush some more about Devon and Hilary. They were great together. Effortlessly sexy. I still don't get these people who say they have no chemistry at all. But hey, whatever. At this point, I think that Devon is way more interested in her than she is in him. I think that Hilary has some sort of twisted "I am looking for a father figure" crush on Jack. I find it intriguing though.

Also enjoy Lily versus Hilary. I want them to remain antagonistic. They can develop a grudging respect and work together when they have a common goal or a crisis but never really be friends. Lily says that she doesn't care about Devon getting with Hilary but I doubt that is the case. She surely was about to break her neck watching them across the room.

You know, I hear people complain about black people being in a bubble but they are no more in a bubble than other characters. Most these people only spend time with a spouse or family member. They are all segregated that way. Take Victoria for example...it is Billy, Nikki, Victor, Nick, Abby, or Chloe that she spends time with. That is it.

• Members

Course not but if her obsession with the golden baby keeps them apart for awhile then Chloe can stay cray cray for all I care.

Jack's face when Hilary made that "we're a couple" comment was interesting. I like HiJack but no to romance. Jack and Chelsea could be the plan tho since it doesn't take long for Chelsea to get gooey eyes over the latest hero in her life.

I like the budding Sharon and Hilary friendship. Once sh** hits the fan, I think Hilary will stick by her. Both of them need a gal pal anyways.

• Members
I hope you are right about Hilary. But this obvious crush she has on Jack and budding friendship she has with Sharon seems designed just to fuel the fall out Sharon's secret and to have her whipping on Sharon with the rest of the city. I really hope I am wrong. They both need a friend badly. While I like Hilary and Jack, I don't want him to be her only ally in town.

Chelsea is just like Jack. They both fall in and out of love so quickly. None the less, I don't want Jack with Chelsea. But if it keeps him from wanting Hilary romantically, I will suffer (read fast forward) through it.

No words for Chloe being stuck with Kevin....I will resist the urge to discuss how much this pains me...again.

And one more thing, someone needs to tell Hilary that Jack didn't become rich because he is ruthless. He became rich by the luck of being john Abbot's oldest son.

I laughed at Hilary telling Sharon that the owner sent her mimosas to make up for her room. She is not dumb nor naive. She knows Devon sent those drinks because he wants her! Lol.

• Members

I agree that the odds are slim for both. But did you see today's show. Hillary was all Jack this and Jack that. It was almost annoying. The only thing saving her was that it was a Hilary and Sharon scene. Lol. I understand the point of it was so that Sharon could talk and let viewers understand where her head is right now. It could just be MM line delivery but it did come off as a crush. Especially if you add into it the "we look like a couple" comment and Jack's look. Maybe they will use it to make Devon jealous and give him a reason to work with Victor or something like that that. Who knows...

As for Chelsea. I am equally unsure. Jack is already being set up as a daddy for Connor.

• Members

I found it super offensive that they consistently talked about a legal guardian for Connor while Chelsea is very much alive. She is capable of taking care of her son, and if anything happens to Adam, she will eventually choose the man who will become his stepfather. Those scenes were highly offensive!

• Members

A lot of what happened at the blessing annoyed me...that was one of them. But also, "Connor Adam Newman. Your son, your name". please! That baby's first name is a constant reminder of Your lies and how you were in love with someone else 3 months ago...sad because he wanted a divorce. And the writers haven't even tried to address this. Just horribly written.

• Members

You should catch a clip...then you would understand why I can't say it won't happen. Especially since the show is tweeting about a triangle with Jack, Hilary, and Devon. I mostly think it is to give Devon the motivation to team with Victor at "Newman chancellor". I doubt he will be so involved with the club since cane and lily run it. I figured that he would be buying some business for them to give them airtime. Hopefully, this time he will get his own airtime and story instead of sitting on the sideline like he usually does....you know how Neil getting a "big story" (the blogger) that resulted in more airtime and story for Lane than Neil.

Archived