Y&R: January 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Both Lamon Archey and Redaric Williams are decent actors IMO and easy on the eyes to boot. Right now, Mason is the more interesting because of what he's doing with Devon's money. I hope this story picks up steam, although I worry we will have a little more credit card abuse before this story (and M) fall by the wayside.

Victor is such a dislikeable, creepy mofo. He boohoos about Delia along with the rest of the town, swearing to Victoria that he will do "whatevah it takes to track down Delia's killer." Once he does so, he coldly uses it as leverage so that he can get access to Connor. How many grandkids does this guy have already? Does he need to micromanage any more of them? Why is he so obsessed with getting his paws on this baby? It makes me shudder. I am no fan of dead-eyed Adam for what he did, but at least he told Victor that his freedom was less important than protecting Connor's wellbeing.

Victoria and Billy are snoozeville. Kelly & Stitch actually make them more interesting.

Tomorrow -- Lily pulls the bitchface out for Hilary. Hurrah, finally some drama I can get behind.

• Members

I'm truly tired of all things Cassie and need for what Sharon did to just come out. I still think it sucks that this paternity mess got shifted onto Sharon with everyone being her victim and Nick skated on by with his own lies and deception.

Devon owning GCAC with Lane running it has some people quite upset (giggling) but I'm glad I don't have to listen to Lane babble about their career choices anymore. LOL at the Lily trying to toss Hilary out. Girl sit down. Devon sure is smitten. I liked the little cheers moment between him and Hilary.

Nikki wringing her hands as Dullan searches for his father is a snooze. I just don't care about this character. Avery is much more tolerable in a supporting capacity.

• Members

This soap continues to be a huge, boring mess. No couples to root for. The show looks worse than it ever has. The lighting is horrific, the direction uninspired (could someone please get rid of Owen Renfro, a dreadful director but FOJ). The plotting is lame. Shorter scenes that don't go anywhere, cuts with no juxtaposition. The acting has once again lapsed into a coma inducing state. Jill tied to a bed—please. I already see JP's input at work. (Put a favorite character in jeopardy, that'll bring in the ratings). I like CW but she's playing Annie Dutton again. Been there, done that. Yawn. SA and JP along with JFP are dried up creatively and have been for a very long while. Another yawn....

• Members

Oh, I loved it that Devon finally has a sparkle in his eyes, and I don't mean just about Hillary. Lord, he needs some spunk. I like it that Cane and Lily will be working at the GCAC. It makes me think of an I Love Lucy episode for some reason. That couple needs something that will lighten them up. Hard work that is not in the corporate world? Maybe. If they are going to stay onscreen, FGS, please make them more interesting.

• Members

I liked Devon and Hiliary!

Ugh with the Cassie crap, I swear all that Shick ever had goin was that child, wonder of 3 years from now we will be rembering Delia's Bday and death. Heck we don't even remember Dru this much, and she was more privately to the canvas than Cassie!.

• Members

Not one year has gone by where they have not either at least remembered Cassie's death and/or celebrated her birthday but the other dead characters not so much. Its so overplayed and overdone.

Devon and Hilary definitely have potential.

• Members

This was one year where I didn't mind Cassie's birthday. It was easily incorporated and made sense for the story going. I like the dance with Summer and Nick and the flashback. SC always shines and makes whatever she us given to play work. I completely sympathized with Sharon (something I stubbornly refused to do for almost 20 years).

• Members

I think SC is doing amazing work showing how scared and conflicted she is with this secret. Still I am over it and my pity for her is decreasing with each passing episode. I think it is time they reveal it and move on to the next story. I have to say I am enjoying the building friendship between Hilary and Sharon. Heavens knows both could used a gal pal.

I still don't understand the purpose of Mason. He can make his final exit now.

• Members

I see the writers teasing Jack and Hilary tomorrow. So not what I want. But if they must. Fine. Chloe has gotten rid of Kevin. Let her kidnap Connor and Devon talks her down the way tucker did Ashley and let that be the beginning of them. I'll take that!

Archived