Y&R: January 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The thing is JFP has had consistently good ratings despite being dogged by critics and the public. All the network cares about are her numbers and they are very good. Y and R beats some primetime shows on tv isn't that crazy? I don't see her going anywhere. Her numbers were higher then all of Maria's final year which was dismal but Maria's mind everything was all up

• Members

She's also lost the number one position in the demos, twice, something that has not happened in years. The demos are what the TPTB care about.

Again yes ratings are good but they were trending upward BEFORE she took over. Look at MABs last week, ratings were up then, not to mention that all of daytime including talk shows and game shows appear to be up.

• Members

I just can't with the Laners complaining that Lane\Lily are being used to prop Devon (and Hilary). Devon has done almost nothing over the last several years but play angst (prop) to Lane and support Lily. And he was used in a similar capacity for her pairing with Daniel. Just spare me.

• Members
And this idea that Hilary needs Lane because she can't stand on her own is not based in reality. Hilary rarely shares scenes with them anyway. If anything, she is keeping them relevant. At least viewers beside their die hard fans are enjoying their scenes now.

And then the complaints that they work for Devon. Apparently, this is an insult. Please! Devon is the one with the degree, experience owning a business, and the damn money. What does Lily have by way of any of that? And cane is lucky to not be in jail for embezzlement. No one should trust him with a corporate job or any money. I hope he steals from Devon just to shut them up!

• Members

We had to endure their horrible storylines for the past 5 years..and I agree, Hilary kept them relevant. They are far more interesting in supporting roles. To be honest Lily was a lot more interesting with Daniel. Plus they had good chemistry IMO. Lane is just a bore and has always been.

And bringing on TR and GF as Cane's parents still didn't make them interesting no matter how much TPTB tried to force them down our throats.

And while I don't think anyone on Y&R is a bad actor, Daniel Goddard certainly is near the bottom of the pack when it comes to talent.

• Members

I love how the table has turned lol. Devon has been stuck propping and cockblocking for Lily for years. I'm used to the Neil and Devon are beneath Lily type thinking though. Thank goodness Lily and her husband are not the center of everything anymore.

LOL. Hilary doesn't need Lane in the slightest bit. She's standing on her own just fine. And how the hell does Lane working for Devon equal them propping Hilary? Hilary has zilch to do with Devon owning GCAC. I don't see a problem with Lane working for Devon. Hell its a job. This idea that Lane should be bigtime CEOs, running their own company, etc...uh no.

• Members
Exactly...it's been about 10 damn years of constantly being involved in lily's love life WITHOUT one of his own. That makes it even worse. It's time for her to return the favor. Besides, CK seems to enjoy it a helluva lot. She seems excited and happy about this turn if her scenes are anything to go by.

• Members

The photographer was kind to Watros in that, aside from some aging around her neck and a bit of jowels, she looks similar to how she did in her GL heyday. From other angles she doesn't.

Chloe - to me this character was dead as soon as they made her Esther's daughter. I don't have any great interest in seeing someone verbally abuse their mother, an insta-mother at that. It felt so contrived. The only time I bought it was when Lily would call her "the maid's daughter."

David Tom looks better now than he did when he was on Y&R before.

Amelia Heinle - I think she's an attractive woman who continues to have awful hair and makeup. She looks like she's auditioning for a Nine Inch Nails video.

Archived