Y&R: January 2014 Discussion Thread

• Members

I just kind of like that this is a different kind of quad for the show. We had years of Nick, Sharon, Adam, Phyllis, etc in triangles and quads. Who cares anymore? Victoria and Billy were a pretty safe couple for the most part. It could be interesting to see them truly be tempted by others. And we don't know these characters either so anything is possible in terms of their personalities. Hopefully it is done right. Something fresh finally.

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here is a promo for next week.

A least Chloe is starting to dress like she works is in fashion again...I liked her white dress for the christening.

What kind of pills are Summer taking. And why the heck is she so tired anyway? It's not like she is working two jobs or something.

• Members

Maybe but I haven't been all that impressed by the likes of Kelly yet. The only scenes I have really got a spark have been her snark at Stitch and she she had a meltdown from seeing Johnny. Everything has been bland and boring. But if she gets crazy than that might liven this story up. Victoria will be Victoria unless they allow her to be a true Newman bitch for once again. I mean lets be real... Victoria would use her power and influence to make Kelly's life miserable. That chick needs to come back since we are losing Adam anyways. Someone has to take over the Victor heir routine.

• Members

@Jcren. Then you're clearly not a CW fan. The only actor on this show that has the chops is the Billy they're letting go. I started watching again because of Cynthia Watros. This is the thing about Y&R fans...and I was one. I watched the entire CBS lineup for 25 years. And I would talk to people about the show and they would say that the show wasn't fast enough. It's boring. The show doesn't have any kind of pace or speed. You're ALL still saying it now. Y&R HAS NEVER been fast moving or had ANY kind of pace. Never. The beauty of Y&R was that you could tune in 1 or 2 years later and the same story was goin' on. And people torched As the World Turns and Guiding Light for having a gigantic cast and they couldn't keep up with it at times. So so funny.

Cynthia Watros is acting circles around everyone other than Billy whatever his name is. And he's leaving. That's a shame because after NOT watching for several years....I like a lot of the people all of you are griping about. This show has ALWAYS been so slow...all of my friends who watched ABC and NBC said they could never watch Y&R because General Hospital and Days of Our Lives had things happening every single day. So it's so funny that people are griping about Y&R being slow now - it's a problem. Y&R has ALWAYS been slow building. It took a YEAR or more for stories to find any kind of resolution and sometimes they never ever did! I stopped watching during the Drucilla/Neal/Olivia who the baby daddy years because it went on for YEARS.

Archived