Y&R: January 2014 Discussion Thread

• Members

I am not surprised MM's Hilary is sticking around. I like her a lot and I am glad they are using her. The only negative I have is that they are making her too much of a goody goody. I am hoping that is just an extreme thing with her because she was so bad in the beginning, so they are trying to find a balance.

There was very clear shifts in the writing after JG left the show. For instance "The Avery Show" is very much gone. She's has gone back to being a supporting character. The character of Sharon is likable again despite her gigantic secret. SA clearly likes BJ be because I have never seen this much Devon in years. There is a clear want to make Billy and Victoria a more dominate couple. They are establishing roots for Nikki outside of Victor again. The young generations are finally getting their own stories.

I have no doubt that Tyler and Abby will be this regime's young golden couple. The writing is kind of on the wall. I give it a year before we have our first black Newman heir.

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have not been watching other a few scenes over the holiday. Are Tyler and Abby actually getting a fleshed out story because last time I watched they were slapped together without much build up?

Billy and Victoria, "a more dominant couple?" Gawd! What is with this love for dreadful Amelia Heinle?

• Members

Delia's death was all about Villy and their struggles. Yes he has cheated on his wife but what has that caused? Now Billy says on the daily how much he loves and needs Victoria. I bet DT's Billy will be whining about his love for Victoria as well. Stitch is an obvious backup plan in case NuVilly does not work. I will not be surprised if in a few weeks they are the new triangle. Kelly will move on elsewhere. She served her purpose. Kind of like how Chloe's drama isn't even really about Delia. It is just angst for Chadam.

Tyler and Abby have no story. They were slapped together and fell in love overnight. I have nothing against them but I wish they were not so rushed. I guess this Mariah chick is suppose to be their angst but it will be a huge fail. But it is pretty clear they are the new "IT" couple of this regime.

As for AH? She is clearly well adored on the set. She is not a trouble maker. She had a popular pairing and has decent chemisty with her co-stars. Also she has been on the show almost 10 years. She isn't going anywhere.

• Members

Yes, Billy and Victoria is THE lead couple on this show. But I am hoping that is because they are in the only major story and because they are breaking them up in a logical way. Wishful thinking, of course.

Tyler and Abby are not getting fleshed out story...yet. But I do think it is coming. I kinda get the feeling that it is not here yet because they were just slapped together but this doesn't have any bearing on how committed those in charge are to the couple.

• Members

Ah yes! Abbott too. Tyler and Abby are the new generation's couple.

I think it really all depends on DT and AH's chemistry. I have little faith in it which is why I think they have Stitch sniffing around her now.

Speaking of Stitch -- man that dinner was awkward. Kelly definitely wants to be discovered and Billy was having no part of her games. I wonder what the deal between Stitch and Kelly is. They have a weird vibe between them. It is like they can't stand each other but they don't hate each other. And he even seemed concerned in the preview for tomorrow.

I hope it is a good secret and doesn't even up being lame.

• Members

My guess...Stitch had an affair with Kelly that resulted in the break up of his marriage. I also think that his wife found out because Kelly told her. Remember her saying "I didn't mean for her to find out" or something like that last week when they had that confrontation in the coffee shop.

Archived