Y&R: January 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jack said that Phyllis could have her own wing once and Katherine mentioned something similar about Jill having her own wing. I may be wrong, but I think that outside shot to the CE has been shown before. If not that one, another one. I remember looking to see if the entrance was the same as close-up shots.

Regarding Abby and Tyler, I have completely lost interest. I think it started that day in the park with that stupid talk about their trip to California. I don't see any chemistry between them anymore. And the day she took presents to the tack house, it was like she was phoning it in, or like she was uncomfortable in her dress and too distracted by it......or something. She is not impressing me at all as Abby.

• Members

That conversation derailed the couple so bad that I don't even care if Mariah comes in and causes trouble. It was too much.

I think they have gone wrong with Tyler from the beginning.

I wish they would bring Kay Alden and Sara Bibel in as story consultants, officially or unofficially. Y&R's rich history is quickly fading away. Yes, there are more viewers because things are better than when MAB was there. Y&R is not as offensive. But it is a shell of what it used to be. I don't know how that can change unless people who knew how it was and also know how to present that are brought on.

• Members

The problem is that JFP clearly decided to stop breaking up all the couples like JG was intending to do. She quickly ended the triangle they were building with Tyler/Lily/Cane. Since there were no black women that Tyler was not related to, they put him quickly put him with Abby. Now Lily and Cane have gone back to their boring selves. I saw a spoiler that implies that

RME.

• Members

How many babies does Lily already have? And what is she, 26? That's ridiculous. I'd kill her husband and ship those babies off tomorrow. And then I'd recast her ass. Give me a break.

Tyler is not exactly a brilliant actor but he's very handsome and personable. He needed to have knocked boots with Lily months ago; instead they put him with that Stepford Abby.

Someone else said this around here - maybe BetterForgotten - but he or she was exactly right and I was thinking the same thing; there are so many interchangeable characters who fill the same role on this show and have no differentiation. Tyler is to Mason is to Devon is to Noah is to Kyle. Abby is to Summer is to Hilary is to that other blonde whose name I don't know. Chelsea is to Chloe is to Lily is to Victoria. No wonder I wake up every time Cynthia Watros appears, even if she is playing some rando. Now they're adding Tyler's ex! Who cares? And honestly, Tristan Rogers is a great actor but when your only story option for Jill is Robert Scorpio, Cattle Mobster - what is that?

• Members

She's not all that much more exciting. I know the board is trying to make her happen but I honestly don't see anything that fantastic. She's alright. Maybe she could be great with better writing. But she doesn't rouse me from the stupor I'm in whenever I try to watch this show anymore than about 85% of the rest of the cast.

• Members

It was. She came in as a bitchy fashionista (is there any other kind?) who struck a nerve with viewers, so they decided to retcon her into Esther's daughter to solidify her ties to the show, as if that justifies continued storyline presence.

That was also a rewrite laugh.png

They were/are pathetic attempts to legitimize characters.

Archived