Y&R: November 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ignacio Serrachio is, IMHO, the hottest male on Y&R right now. Having him in this Delia SL confirms the incredible chemistry he has with everybody. I wish he would accept a contract, if only because I want to see Alex getting busy with somebody. NOT Kevin. And hopefully not Chloe. I'll settle for Abby. Speaking of, I know this is sacrilege, but I like Melissa Ordway in the role. The less said about nuKyle, the better, though.

I totally agree. SC has been given the worst kind of bullshit over the past 5 years. MS may have had issues with "your heroine, ladies and gentlemen" Phyllis having to admit to running over Cricket and Paul, but I would like to have seen her face if she'd been asked to do a fraction of what SC has been given to act. And yet, in giving it 100% while preserving some of the humanity and vulnerability of Sharon (the character), SC has damn near triumphed over the insurmountable. I find her very watchable.

I especially liked her scene yesterday with Victor and Nikki (even though Victor needs to take MAJOR responsibility for marrying a mentally-ill Sharon and then kicking her to the curb). It almost felt like the Sharon vs. the Newmans interactions of old.

Avery had some good scenes with Dylan and Adam. It was pretty much the first time I "saw" the chemistry between JC and SB.

• Members

I hope to never see Alex/Abby again. IS and MO really did nada for me. I think she's better with RW, although I don't exactly love Tabby either. Speaking of, Tyler is still engaged to this Mariah girl sounds like. Time for another newbie I suppose.

Neil going to Victor for any advice, least of all parental is ridiculous. I see gold digger Mason has found a way in with Devon. Good old music lol.

• Members

Great minds think alike it seems. I know previous Kyle was panned a lot on here but nuKyle is far less appealing to me, too. His predecessors eyecandy factor clearly outplayed anything NuKyle has delivered so far.

As for Khalil being back on contract: a year ago I would have thrown a hissy fit but now I'm pretty neutral on her. Her recent storyline - you know that black storyline that was hardly ever seen but was pretty much killer material thanks to Hillary and Mason on those rare days - was very enjoyable and she seems to care for Y&R again. So...

EDIT: That avatar of Eileen Davidson is stunning, Cat!

• Members

Well, it is impossible for ED to look bad in any photo, IMHO! But I wanted to celebrate one of my favourite actresses and characters. I feel like this particular avatar encapsulates a lot of what makes Kristen tick -- toying with an engagement she wanted so desperately, and is now going to destroy.

• Members

The one thing I can't stand is how misinformed newer viewers ask how Jill could be so nasty about Katherine--I can't blame the viewer though I guess blame the sanctification of Katherine through Latham and MAB. Katherine was always the old hag of the manor.

As for the Victor and Jill scenes today at least Jill got the last word in happy.png Victor and Jill together have always fascinated me just because of two titans coming together or clashing together but the true potential has never been tapped successfully--whether it was that unpopular 1992 pairing, the shooting mystery, Victor giving her occasional comfort or Jill being Victor's supporter during the days he controlled Jabot.

• Members

I enjoyed the Jill and Victor scenes, even if they lacked the fire that they once had.......Love how they let Jill got the last word......funny i just uploaded an episode from January 1990 with Jill and Victor and Jill got angry when Victor mentioned selling her men's line and Jill actually got the last word in and told Victor "she hopes he chokes on his dinner"......of course Victor just smiled......the scene today reminded me of that and even though it's annoying when Victor smirks when he gets insulted, it kind of showed that he will always respect the fire and strength Jill has since she's one of the only women besides Katherine that can give him crap....

• Members

LOL, I am biased. I thought she was pretty back in her mega-eyebrow days, in a glamazon 80s way. But it is true that I had to sort through many shots where she is wearing some tacky prom-dress stuff or '90s midriff-baring, Bobbie Brown lip-liner [!@#$%^&*].

• Members

I am not one to defend the Mustache, but je didnt know she was a Bi Polar person (not mentally ill in the slightest) and he didnt dump her, she thought he did.

Y must MS always be brought up when SC is. MS has stated she loves and would love to play Phyllis crazy. For the past 5 years Phyllis and Sharon were treated like crap and both actresses did well, but there were times with both of them when one could tell they wasnt feeling there stories and it showed on screen. Heck, that can be said for a lot of the actors on Y&R LOL!

SC is def a good actress, has she done great work, sire, but she hasnt been all that imo LOL!!! She did her job and I havent seen anything insurmountable in her performance on screen or insurmountable on screen with Sharon..

Those Sharon and Nick scenes were mad boring, awkward and hard to watch and the set up was juvenile.

Jill and Victor is always gold to me.

Still aint feeling Davery!

Archived