Y&R: November 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Very trivial but...

last Wednesday's episode had a music cue from the pre-JFP era during the scenes of Jack and Summer on the plane!? This is probably the first one all year except for Nadia's theme. Maybe they are finally getting a clue re: music at least and start bringng some of the Allocco/Kurtz scores back.

• Administrator

The classic episode was very fun to watch visually. I just loved how the camera was almost always moving or at certain angles, the flower and chandelier shots, the closeup shots, the multiple use of rack focus, and of course the awesome background music. Even when the show wasn't that good, you could at least always count on the background music and camera work - I'd sometimes watch Y&R just for those things. Now we don't even have that.

• Members

Actually, didn't he win once for best Younger Actor one year? The other one could be for the show and maybe they gave each of the cast and crew their own mini replica. I don't know whether they could afford that nowadays but back then the Emmy's still had some class and could probably afford it.

My guess, is that those Emmys in the background is a not so subtle swipe at his would be detractors. Looks like he is taking whatever criticism is being lobbed at him in stride. That's a healthy attitude. Healthy not normally a word used in referring to anything regarding behind the scenes at Daytime Soaps.

Archived