Y&R: November 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

OMG, Where to start on this amazingness?

LOL! Nick has always been a neanderthal who thinks with his little head, not the big, puffed-up one sitting on his shoulders. I don't buy this rivalry, mostly because JM and SB get along very well IRL but also because the likelihood is that as characters, Nick and Dylan would prob get along. Dylan is a saintly, heroic soldier who fixes up people's kitchens for free, for crying out loud. Also, Avery and Nick have been broken up for ages now, and Nick is already cuddling Sharon in freezers, so what's the big deal?
I don't want Nick to die yet because he still has the energy to shake that moneymaker and twirl that pole like it is Oklahoma and 1987 again. Brah, just take your shirt off and STFU.

I have a lot of time for Sharon at the moment and, given what she saw, she did the right thing. The photographer was a fool not to know that Summer was Jack Abbott's kid and was once Victor Newman's grandchild. He should have shut up, pruned his lips and started kissing some ass.

Also, did you notice Summer letting slip that Chloe got her to do this shoot but failed to mention what it would entail and then got the hell out of there? I know Valley Squawk just lost her kid, but the least she could do is keep an eye on an inexperienced new model who also happens to be her boss's daughter.

A young Ali Sweeney? LOL, I kid. It's a shame Noah is saddled with those no-hope insta-pairings because there was a point yesterday when he was talking with Sharon, got a text and gave this Aww shucks grin -- and I finally got it. Robert Adamson is cute! Hot, even. Noah needs to be banging some pretty maid's daughter on the DL, Dynasty-styles.

IA with this. Though it pains me to say this because I just love Jessica Collins. But Avery is no longer interesting now that she is a perfect, Mary Sue know-it-all. She has chemistry with Dylan, but with Phyllis gone, she has no ties to the show. Time to sell that charming apartment and head to Atlanta to nurse that ungrateful sister back to health.

Dylan is almost a relief to watch because he is actually a decent guy and what you see is what you get. When he's not wittering on about the ice-cream sundaes he used to make with Avery back when they were goin' steady, or about his super parents Mr. and Mrs. McAhCouldn'tCareLess, I'm good. I could do without the Chelsea link, though. I may be somewhat over Avery, but I'm REALLY over Chelsea (and Chloe. And Kevin! But that's another post). I'd rather Avery stayed, her character salvaged and got in a few love scenes with Dylan, and Chelsea leave town with the baby, leaving only a "F U, Adam" note behind.

Thank you. I can't with those "Ah can't cook" conversations. The usual working-girl cliché. Leslie needs to go berate Nikki some more and Neil needs to start giving Cane the side-eye every time Creepy molests pets Lily.

I mentioned this the other day -- her face looks totally different from GL or even Lost. I don't know whether it is the battle with alcohol or whether CW got a little nip/tuck, but she looks good, she can move her face, and I enjoy her scenes. I hope they do something interesting with an actress of this stature. Did you see the way AH perked up in that group counselling scene with her?

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When one of Nick's complaints against Dylan was something like "He wanted to make my kid a toy!" I really had to SMH. Really? You have one brother who made you think your daughter was dead. Now you have one that wants to make your daughter a dollhouse and you're crying about it? What a possessive jackass.

I seriously loathed Jason Morgan on GH, but I like Steve Burton in the role of Dylan. I can see why some people think he's a little too perfect, but I think the "honorable man" is an essential soap character that we see very few of these days.

I have a sinking feeling that Dylan is going to end up with Sharon, which will make Nick/Dylan an even bigger retread of Nick/Adam. I hope I'm wrong about that, even though I think Dylan and Sharon would make a cute couple.

• Members

With Dylan coming on as the new rivalry for Nick and the outsider to the Newmans, I wonder where this leaves Adam place on the canvas. Rival to Billy Abbot. Adam and Nick don't even share scenes anymore.

Dylan and Sharon are definitely destined for each other. If not romantic then a very good friendship. I actually would prefer that. Sharon doesn't need any more men.

• Members

They should put Avery with Adam. It's obvious (at least to me) that Dylan/Avery can't work long term. A tortured romance with Adam could save Avery. It might not hurt Adam either. Of course, when they tried this with Sharon it destroyed her, but with Avery, I feel there is nothing to lose by giving them a try.

• Members

She truly is...and this coming from a staunch life long Sharon Collins hater. But man, she has grown on me these past weeks. Especially ith the way she is trying to move on from Nick. I am looking forward to her job as the advocate for the Jabot models. For once over the last 6 years it seems writers don't have to force someone into a role...she is more than qualified for it. And it will give her a reason to get off the counch and interact with other people. Hopefully Hilary.

I hope that Nikki appreciates Sharon taking her side...and they become close. This will counterbalance the Victor hate.

• Members

The problem with The Winters is the problem with the whole show.

Y&R keeps using formulas that no longer work in place of actual character development.

Instead of allowing Neil to start his own company & giving him a house & a relationship with a woman KSJ's own age they keep him stuck in a condo with actresses 20 years Neil's junior that KSJ nor his character has much chemistry with.

Chris B is right that variety is needed however until the writers stop relying on short term "fixes" (killing legacy characters, sweeps stunts, constant stunt casting) & start writing multi dimensional characters the show will remain the Titanic it's become.

Archived