Y&R: November 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

Lack of variety is huge. That's what was so good about the business storyline...it was impossible for it to be dark because, after all, it was just business. Greed, money, power, glamour, jealousy...all of this drove the business storyline...but darkness was not an element you saw with it.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The business stories in the 90s were a joy to watch. I also enjoyed how the characters without jobs of professions would cross into those stories, like when Nina the housewife had to go check Victoria at Newman. I also miss everybody not knowing each other. Many people forget, but Michael didn't meet Victor until 1998! It felt like a real town because each side of town had enough characters to tell their stories and each group had crossover characters through the various jobs or friendships (like Olivia and Ashley as sorority sisters). Now you have them wasting Katherine's final years with Kevin as her best friend when she shouldn't even know his sorry ass.

• Members

I'd love to see Sharon and Summer get closer. Sharon feeling the guilt and becoming protective over Summer only to have the truth come out would add a little more drama to Phyllis's eventual return.

That said, I'm annoyed that they seem to be keeping Jack in a holding pattern. Spending Thanksgiving at the bedside of an off screen coma patient seems pretty lame when we could be getting an Abbott Thanksgiving.

I was hoping they would make Nick less of an ass with this Dylan reveal. Dylan did not "steal" Avery. She's a grown woman. Isn't having Nick at at odds with Adam enough, they have to add a second hostile sibling relationship?

• Members

This. It drives me nuts. I don't get the added drama. It's just more of the same. It would make more sense if maybe it pushed Nick more toward Adam and building a better relationship there, and establish Dylan as the outsider, then find out that Adam betrays the family again.

• Members

I am enjoying Y&R lately. I have loved all of the stories Dylan has been involved in, but again, this is the first soap I've ever watched Steve Burton on. My fresh eyes see him as an asset. He is far more interesting/appealing to watch than Michael Muhney, for example. I am so ready for his romance with Avery to take off.

Yes, Nick was an ass at the GCAC. That is the only negative comment I have about those scenes.

I have loved Nikki's hairstyles lately. They flatter the length of her hair. Haven't really noticed her clothes lately but I do know that the clothes the actresses wear are designer, so the comments make me wonder about the current styles being offered up to the public. I have commented about her lack of a good bra (and LLB's) for years. It boggles my mind that these two women are OK with their boobs at their waistlines on national TV everyday, on the #1 rated soap. Some actors/actresses are letter perfect in every way and some are not. It is glaring to me when they are not.

The Winters/Ashby's are still as dull as paint drying. Maybe Hillary can lift the heavy weight of them that drags Y&R down. That's a lot to put on one actress/character though.

There is a lot going on, on Y&R. Many businesses. I don't see them being juggled equitably as far as screen time goes.

Victor and Adam have still not been held accountable for their actions and that will hold Y&R back until it is addressed.

With Stitch having marital problems, I am wondering who he will be paired with...

I don't care at all about Fen and that makes me sad as Lauren is one of my favorite characters.

I am dreading the day that Tristan Rogers' character is back onscreen...

• Members

Really? I'm not. I adored the naughty chemistry Jill and Colin had onscreen. Also the way he talked to Cane was so belittling. As long as he doesn't mention GeneLipChewer, I am more than ok with him coming back and sweet-talking Jill with his dirty laugh.

• Members

I'm voting for a shocking murder with Nick as the victim! Gonna get a poll started. He lost his girlfriend - fine, but your mother is going thru something right now and this guy is your brother. It's silly to have Nick behaving like a child! It's absolutely ridiculous!

Yesterday was a bit dull, but I enjoyed the simple conversations just because. GH does not do this and it frustrates the hell out of me.

Sharon can sit her ass down! If she is going to go to bat for Summer, then Sharon needs to speak of the conditions for all of the models. They go thru this in the business. It's tough even for the supermodels because sometimes you have shitty weather and other god forsaken conditions. Sharon was ridiculous and I don't need a forced relationship with Summer so it can all blow up in her face someday.

Kill Nick!

MTS must do something with that hair. It's so distracting.

I have not been watching long, but Noah and Courtney are dullsville. There is nothing here, and I can't imagine we are supposed to be taking this seriously. Who is this girl?

Kill Nick!

I'm actually enjoying Dylan. But I'd like for Avery to leave. No explanation needed. She can just go and someone can say, in passing, Avery got a job offer out of town.

Leslie and Neil - Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

I swear it seems like I'm watching 2 different shows sometimes. Yesterday's cast all felt like they were given sedatives, but when you get an eppy with Jill, Hillary, Jack and Devon, you have my undivided attention.

Cynthia Watros' face looks a bit frozen.

• Members

Courtney is a dayplayer they decided to give a contract to, but they didn't actually take the time to take her from dayplayer to actual character. Just like Abby and Tyler, they threw her and Noah into a relationship and she still feels like an Under 5 and I feel like most of their relationship has happened off screen. Of course it may get better once Jean Passanante arrives, but Shelley Altman's time by herself has been terrible these past few weeks. The attention to detail and pacing is just horrendous. This is the equivalent of generic modern soap. I don't see a point of view or anything that separates this from the soon to be cancelled soaps of the '00s.

• Members

That's probably because you like them...lol.

Anyways, I can not tolerate Adam and Chelsea, Billy and Victoria, Kevin, Michael and Fen, etc. They are the most boring things to ever grace a screen. I can only tolerate Nick when he is with Sharon and I am sure that is because of Sharon. Lauren is great with Jill. But Michael is just boring. Fen used to be interesting but this story is bringing him down.

Tell that to JW...she seems to want exactly that.

Archived