Y&R: November 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OMG! I am so glad it isn't just me imagining scenarios for VR to return! :lol: l would also add for good measure that Dru starts a hot affair with Tyler, pissing Lily off further. Heck, if VR and CK are going to have confrontations, I want it onscreen and over that hot piece, and not behind the scenes!

• Members

I agree with most everything Cat wrote, but I don't know who I'd inflict Adam/MM on... maybe Chloe/EH (and you know EVERYONE has to be paired up on this show!). Written intelligently (sometimes a big ASK on this show), Adam and Chloe could have been more dynamic with their ability to trade barbs-- it could've been one of those 'push-pull' relationships with a smattering of good sardonic dialogue. Another possibility might have been Avery, but it seems like she's destined for Dylan, whether we care or not. Also, personally, I've found that I have a limit to these relationships where one person was married/engaged/sleeping with new love interest's sibling. No mas, por favor!

Since Cat mentioned how Avery used to be interesting, I hope a similar fate can be avoided for Hillary. She/Mishael is interesting in her scene work almost without effort. I hope Y&R's writers are smart enough not to such the oxygen out of this character. It makes me hope these murmurings about a possible relationship with Kyle are just the musings of fanfiction.

I completely agree with the comments about Abby and Alex vs. Abby and Tyler. I was much more interested in the former pairing and felt that especially with Melissa Ordway in the role, there was more heat between her Ignacio Serrachio as opposed to ER, in which the scenes were cute but lacked the sexiness of a supposedly new relationship.

Also, completely agree about Tyler and Lily. I can't say I'm a fan of CK but for once in a long time, I found her interesting. It's too bad that Y&R won't take a chance--so beholden they are to fanbases and such.

Yes, to inventing a way to make Summer truly an Abbott biologically (her relationship with Jack feels like an actual father/grown up daughter relationship).

And I mentioned in a previous post, that big...er...uh, reveal, seemed totally lackluster. Even the fight between Dylan and Nick seemed heavily, yet clumsily choreographed. They are trying to make Nick into a straight up HOOD who pops off for no apparent reason.

I am looking forward to seeing Ashley back in the Abbott fold for however long (hope Traci will be too) because those Abbott scenes at least hearken back to the days when the Abbotts were the Abbotts.

• Members

I read and interview donw by EH, I think it was her instead off MM,saying that Chloe was supposed to be paired with Adam but they decided to take another route. Kinda sad in and of itself being that they basically wrote in Chelsea (who is another Chloe right down to entrance story) and have Chloe supporting her. I used to want the Chloe and Adam pairing but not anymore. I like her friendship with Chelsea and want it to remain. That's one of the decent things that Chelserella has going for her boring, nagging behind. I think that is also one of the many missed opportunities that the writers have had with Chloe. First was the early opportunity with Devon. Then the premature break up of her and Billy. Then sacrificing Ronan at the alter of Phyllis. I will forever bemoan her being stuck with Kevin.

I saw that about Kyle and Hilary..and hope that it is just talk because they shared a scene. There is just as little story with a Kyle/Hilary pairing as there is with a Tyler/Abby pairing. While I don't think any scene partner could diminish MM's screen presence, they might just start writing her as some tragic heroine (al la Lily) to make it fit and I don't want to see that.

• Members

LMBO...I always wanted a Jack and Dru pairing...considering their animosity, I feel like it would run PB off despite how temporary the romance would be because we all know she would be destined for a reunion with Neil. LOL. But I would love for Dru to read lily and tell her how stupid she is for sticking with Cane...just on a daily basis.

Scenario: Dru walks into the homeless shelter started by Devon and Lily. They try hard to convince her that she is their mother but she doesn't buy it. Neil hires her as his receptionist so he can be around her and to keep her in town. Neil asks Jack to help him look out for her and that starts one of many lunch dates and invitations to dinner. Jack falls for her and they get together. But Dru is starting to remember her old life and Neil. It could be flawless even if half way decently written. LOL.

Let's be real here...If Cane and Lily are about to start working with the homeless. The story would make absolutely no sense UNLESS Dru will show up their. None.

• Members

If they want to use the talking surf board as angst for Devon/Hillary, that's fine. As long as it does not go any further.

I don't understand how this guy was hired. I didn't see the work of the performer who preceded him, but what was so wrong about him that this person was a better option?

Better not soil my Hillary with that guy!

• Members

Ain't that the truth...she definitely brought something that has not been replaced. I don't care too much about back stage drama but for entertainment...it's like reality TV. But I do care about what shows up on my screen. You can't find fault with VR and the entertainment she brought to the show.

• Members

I think we need to give Shelley some more time. So far she's done a good job creating some kind of umbrella storyline. It's really hard to evaluate when jeans influence hasn't felt yet. If it still in the same shape six months later then we have given them a chance.

• Members

I don't think the show is in that bad a shape...at least not for the characters I care about. LOL. Things are looking up...My one wish is that the show would get back to bsuiness stories. Just having Victor, Noah, and Kyle in Victor's office at Jabot will not do it. Everyone on canvas should have a job that fits into the show. I like that Sharon might get a job as the Model's Advocate. It is reasonable for her and it would provide story for her....as opposed to chasing behind Nick and sitting on her couch hallucinating.

• Members

The lack of a steady business storyline has been felt for a good 6 years or so and it's to the detriment of the show that Queen MAB and JG and A&P (so far) haven't invested an ounce of airtime into the business side of the show, a side that made Y&R unique because those storylines were done better than any show in daytime due to their depth and realism.

Jabot and Newman (remember the Brash & Sassy days?) should both have major relevance. Chancellor Industries was rewritten under that hack bitch from the depths of hell LML as mattering, but since it's around, it might as well be in the storyline as well.

MAB seemed to be attempting something with Restless Style, except that it was a massive belly flop of a storyline and a complete waste of time. Nobody else has attempted to do anything else.

Sharon should have a job, so should Jill, Victoria and Billy. And everyone else (Nick, Neil, Jack, Michael, Victor) should get back to business.

• Members

The biggest problem is the lack of variety, which was the same with Josh Griffith. It's just one depressing or dark story after the other. You have no comedy and whatever romance they have falls flat because the show is overall so dark. You need different voices. I feel like I have to look up at times to see who is talking because everybody sounds the same. I'm sure this regime (like many of the others) will crash and burn and in the long run, their lack of Y&R knowledge will kill them.

Archived