Y&R: November 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Dru was entertaining and I loved her. And I have affection for Devon and Lily because they are her off spring...her friendship with Shaorn even made me stop hating her so much. LOL. You know how some folks love the Abbots..and love any Abbot just because they are an Abbot. That's me and the Winters...love them! Well, I just wish they would get Lily away from Cane...and I learned to accept that CK was what we were going to get.

• Members

Then you don't want anyone that is paired on Y&R to be paired . Adam and Chelsea, the lies. Victor and Nikki, the lifelong abuse. Micheal and Lauren, the affair. Victoria and Billy, years of lies and stupid choices. Nick and any woman he has ever been paired, cheating, lies, and abuse. Even the new couples are on their way to this type of drama. Point is that screwing up and getting forgiveness has always been a part of daytime drama.

Noah has a girlfriend...

• Members

They were already husband/wife.

With Devon and Hill, they are nothing to one another, and he should hate her. I would love to see an attraction build and Devon goes against the grain to be with her.

I don't have use for couples who are instantly together w/out going thru anything.

• Members

I don't care about any of those pairings you listed and Villy might be the worst of the bunch with Victoria looking like the biggest idiot alive constantly taking Billy. There's a difference between drama and a character just looking stupid for the sake of keeping them in a pairing. There's nothing romantic about a couple who hooks up after on half terrorizes the other.

And Noah and his girlfriend could easily breakup. They were pretty much just put together because no one else was available. It's not like they have a deep connection or have been through anything together.

• Members

I agree that Villy is very played out...so is Chelsea and Adam. And I won't touch Victor and Nikki. However, Devon and Hilary is just starting. I am interested in where it will go.

Hilary did not terrorize Devon. She spent all her energy on Cane and Lily. Of course the story about Neil had to turn into a story about Cane and Lily. This time, it worked for the best because Hilary's damage to Devon is almost nil.

I agree...and is part of why I am not sold on Abby and Tyler. The writers aren't putting any effort into that.

• Members

Don't even get me started on Tyler! A man who looks like that, but he won't even stand a chance when Abby's true love comes a calling in a leather jacket, attitude and spiked hair [oh, and did I mention he'll be white]! Victor will make their lives miserable and the audience will long for them to be together and hate Pesky Tyler for being in their way. PUKE!

• Members

Agreed. Tyler is definitely not a long term pairing for her. Victor respects him and likes him. He is just the kind of guy that Victor would want Abby with. There is no drama, and no story, there. I still think he was brought on for Lily. Do you see how differently the story was written when Lily was his love interest, and the air time that they got. as compared to Abby.

• Members

The person that Hilary was trying to hurt is Neil, who has forgiven her. I don't see why Devon would never find her worthy of being courted since that has occurred. Now Lily should forever be pissed because of the things that Hilary did to her personally. And, as a Devon fan, I am over him revolving his life around Lily. It's time he did his own thing regardless of her feelings on it. I actually think that would be good drama because Lily won't know what to do with that turn. She is used to Devon playing to the beat of her drum. Let her interfere in his love life and all the viewers accuse of her of having a thing for her brother.

• Members

We'll just have to agree to disagree about Hilary and Devon because I don't see how it's okay to date someone who tried to destroy his sister's life.

On another note what the hell is going on with MTS? She's been awful lately! Today she looked awful too but she's been playing Nikki like Nikki is 2 minutes from a breakdown in every single scene no matter whats going on. Not even Sharon has been acting this fragile. And that whispery crap she keeps doing lately is the most grating thing.

• Members

I actually thought those scenes between CLB and Judith Chapman at the prison visiting room were quite good. Is it the best soap opera jailhouse scene between a mother and son? No, for me, that belongs to the scene between Lyla and Craig on ATWT in the 1980s (it is wrenching every time I see it). However, I appreciated the fact that Judith's performance was understated compared to what Gloria is known more. I like that Chapman resisted going melodramatic. The relationship between the two as mother and son was the highlight as opposed to Gloria rending her garments lamenting.

That series of scenes at the Athletic Club? I couldn't help but think wistfully of the private rooms at the Colonnade Room. I guess that scene of Nikki yelling that Dylan is her son was supposed to have maximum impact. Maybe it's just me but it didn't provide much emotional punch. When I think of all the various soaps and their scenes of maternal/paternal revelations, today's scene would not make my list.

Archived