Y&R: November 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

*gasps*

How am I now just learning that David Tom's sexy self is returning?!

Yaass!!

And I'm in the minority as Billy Miller didn't bother me. I wish him nothing but success. I've always felt though he'd be perfect as J.R.'s other son on Dallas.

Now if JFP would get rid of Snoreboria and recast with someone like Sarah Brown or Gina Tognoni.

And now I want Mac back. Ashley Bashioum version of course. And J.T., Brittany, Raul, and Rianna. Bring back the Glow by Jabot kids and scrap all the current young adult crew except Hillary. The rest can go. :P

• Members

Ugh Ashley basioum was horrible she was carried by David Tom. Tom was a good actor but he's been y and r a long time. I loved billy miller who will win his third Emmy. Billy should be a movie star not on a soap or a huge lead on primetime tv. Amelia is a natural beauty the girl wears no makeup and is stunning. She has talent to boot. Sarah brown IMO I think she's too harsh for Victoria plus she's bombed every role she's had besides Carly. Gina tanked her last run on oltl.

• Members

Billy Miller didn't bother me too much because I ignored Bacteria whenever possible. I have a problem with him using the show as an ATM and coming and going as he saw fit. No one should be allowed to hold a show up this way and it bugs the hell out of me!

Sarah has had no soap success out outside of Carly Benson, and I have no reason to believe this casting choice would be any different. Can't blame it on the writers after what...3 or 4 other Daytime roles?

I think Gina would rock as Victoria. I never saw her as Dinah after Wendy did such a magnificent job, but she might be able to do this. Sadly, TPTB seem to like AH [or her following], so YR fans are stuck with her.

AB is an answer to insomnia if I've ever seen one. She can stay in the medical profession and put those people to sleep [some of the patients can use it]!

• Members

Well Amelia renewed her contract so none of the above happens she totally deserves it. A gorgeous stunner who brought her complete a game. Gina would be good but she's not even in the biz anymore. Oh btw a good Mac recast would be Bree Williamson sex appeal in droves and she's a huge popular soap actress

• Members

1. Y'all gonna stop coming for my AB. :P I loved her as Mac.

2. Hell to the no about Bree Williamson. After Jess, Bess, Tess, Mess, Less, IDC about seeing her on daytime anytime soon.

3. Chit, why not Sarah? I think she's spunky enough and'll do more than AH has ever done for the role.

4. Jonnysbro, please go stand in the corner. First you stanned hard for JP and now AH. Who's next Charity Rahmer? Drew Tyler Bell? That Nafeesa girl that was on OLTL and looked lost? No. Just no. :P

• Members

Sarah Brown was a one hit wonder. I don't what happaened to her. I adored her as Carly but she never lived up in other role. She did three other roles and none were impressive.

Y&R would be lucky to get a huge name like Bree Williamson as Mac. Bree was a OLTL phenom and got three emmys nods. She was a pretty big superstar for OLTL. If anyone came close to being one of the most hyped/popular actresses it was Bree. She wasn't the best actress but she had charisma, sex appeal and everything on screen. Ashley Bashioum to be honest with you was one of the worst actresses I ever saw in daytime history. She was boring, zero sex appeal, wooden and she STUNK UP THE JOINT SO BAD. She was carried by David Tom. I am just not wowed about Tom returning. I think hes a good actor but he doesn';t have the sex appeal or wowsa factor Billy Miller has. I think Billy is destined for primetime.

I was not a big Amelia Heinle fan at Y&R. I really criticzed her for years but I have to give credit she actred her behind in this storyline and deserves props. Heck she has been at Y&R almost 9 year. Heather Tom is happily at B&B. Heather was the best Victoria but shes gone. I actually could see Terri Conn more as Victoria then Sarah or Gina. Terri matches the age range and she can play the bitch to the tilt.

• Members

Sarah Brown's second role on GH wasn't a flop, and she is the one who chose to leave. She wasn't that unpopular on B&B either. Her performances have ALWAYS been acclaimed, it's the roles post-Carly that have been the issue. A great actress can only do so much with a terrible role (Agnes, B&B, Irrelevant, ATWT). She did fantastic work as Claudia.

• Members

Sarah Brown was fired from GH. Guza let her out of contract early so she could take the role on B&B.

To add some more: Brown was fired because she was unhappy about how Claudia was written and complained on her fan board about the writing, especially about Claudia leaving Kristina to die at the fair. Not long after her complaints, she was fired.

Archived