Y&R: November 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

This is inaccurate. Hilary was out to get Neil because she felt like he caused her mother'd death (or didn't try to help her and just let her die). Mason was helping her. Hilary gave up her plot after she was given letters her mother wrote Gus, Tyler and Leslie's father. Mason is not trying to get next to Devon...his plans have not yet been revealed.

Still waiting on the revelation that Lame's twins are not Cane's children...or they are not lily's kids. And if they ever give her another man that is long term. I guarantee her eggs will still be on ice somewhere.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I completely agree. The Glow by Jabot set was great. I was in love with J.T. and Colleen, even now I have fond memories of them. It fell apart for me when Colleen was written out, but their stories were age appropriate that helped sell the whole teen set. The teen drinking, peer pressure, dealing with their budding sexuality from the more experienced to the less so, J.T. teaching Colleen how to drive and the whole Lily being preyed upon by older Kevin. The show veered off after this, but it was golden until then.

Those same writers, Jack Smith and Kate Alden, destroyed that their excellent younger set for incomprehensible reasons.

• Members

Mason is criminally wasted IMO. He had great chemistry with Summer when they were modeling that short stint, and he & Hilary were hot but a blind man can see her next destination is Devon.

Out of all the soaps, YR is the only one not establishing their younger generation. Kyle is in limbo in his love life, Summer too. I still don't care for Noah/Courtney as individuals or a couple. Lily . . . Don't get me started on that drab heifer. Devon is a bore. Abby too. Tyler had some fire but Abby is snuffing it out.

Hilary is the only youngster I care for and that says something.

YR needs to establish these characters because Victor, Nikki, Jack, and my beloved Jill have not so much milage left.

• Members

I agree...they are both very good looking. I also noticed that Devon was on 3 days out of the week and it was all about him. I can't even remember a day when this happened since VR left. I am a very happy camper. LOL.

I, too, think that these make the best romances. I think that they will have Jill butting into it. I still say that Devon suffers for lack of a mother to interfere in his romances, which is why the writers were reluctant to write him one. There is simply no drama. I don't see Neil ever playing that role in Devon life. And Lily only can go so far as a sister. But with Jill involved we could get some mileage. Not because Jill sees Devon as a son. but because she doesn't trust Hilary and will probably ride her just cause she is Jill...and Jill and Hilary have a reason to interact. They work together. I am eagerly anticipating this story.

• Members

As long as the writers don't tone her down to make her suitable then they would be great. BJ has got spirit and fire. He just needs some writing...and he needs a rivalry with another guy. Either romantic or business the way the writers are doing with Kyle and Noah.

• Members

Not even when he was a kid and Dru and Neil forgot his birthday..and Neil ended up in the hospital because he was hit by a car when they found him at the zoo...I thought that stuff was golden....and very heart wrenching...but then, I love those Winters and that matters...

Archived