Y&R: November 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

He hasn't played the role in a decade and he's been through some big personal stuff since that time. I can understand why they asked him to audition. A lot of shows wouldn't even have asked him back in any capacity, they would have just cast someone like Cameron Mathison.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's one of those crazy things that never happens in soaps anymore that makes me think Chris McKenna might still play Joey Buchanan on OLTL someday after all. Even if he is in an ad all over TV playing a youngish-looking dad to a tween girl.

• Members

I know. I think it's a shame.

The only time before CBS Player got my goat to the point I stopped watching I could remember her even starting to get like that clip is that scene in the hospital with Chels and Chloe when she was blackmailing them with the baby secret.

• Members

I loved Amelia on All My Children, but she's always been out of her depth as Victoria. Having one good scene from so many years ago doesn't count. At all. She was miscast from the start, something that was intentional and which she even mentions to this day. The type of Victoria they want to write is a useless character, but once she caught on with Billy Miller that saved her. She was always a placeholder until that pairing took off. I don't know if there is an actor that stayed on a soap as long as she did without a well received storyline or love interest.

• Members

Amelia heinle first of all is a gorgeous girl. Second of all she has been stellar in the Delia storyline she has had tons of growth as an actress. She out acted everyone here. Give the girl a break. Heather Tom has not played Victoria in 10 years and she's staying at b and b. everyone gives this girl no credit she takes this storyline and she works her ass off and gets flack. Plus she had great chemistry with billy miller.

• Members

I don't know if this has anything to do with...well, anything but I just read that the head of Sony Entertainment hired Bain Capital (of Mitt Romney infamy) to make cuts to the company. I just wonder what this could mean for their television shows, specifically Y&R.

This makes me wonder if maybe, sometime in the not-too-distant future that some of these network soaps (specifically daytime) could more closely begin to resemble their online cousins. Makes me think back to some of those soap bloggers cackling over the production values (or what they estimated as a lack thereof) of the PP online soaps.

• Members

Devon just accused Roxy of being a gold digger. This is stupid being that she was with him when he had nothing. If TPTB are trying to break them up then they don't need to put this effort into it...they could have let it happen off screen like the rest of their relationship. Instead, they make Devon look like an ass...sure!

• Members

AH has rode BM coat tail for years...She did not appear to be well received until the VIctoria and Billy pairing...and even then people are still calling for Heather Tom. How do we know when an actor/actress is well received? You hear little to no cries for their predecesor. You don't hear alll that man cries for CE return as Adam do you? NO. Although I hate Adam and think MM is a diva, MM is good/convincing in that role. The writing doesn't do AH any favors either...I still scoff at the thought of VIctoria Newman writing children's books.

• Members

I am sorry but I will say I wasn't this biggest Amelia heinle fan. Hated her on Amc her role sucked there. She has by far shown me the best performance through this storyline. She out acted everyone and wiped the floor with Liz Hendrickson. Amelia and billy had great chemistry it's a two Person thing. She gave me a supporting gut wrenching performance and IMO nobody comes close to winning an Emmy next year. She is going to make it 10 years and I will say this the most gorgeous natural beauty in daytime. She's 40 and looks 27 still. I am not telling people how to feel this is my POV and I stand by it. I love the billy miller rants he should be a big primetime star.

Archived