Y&R: November 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And that would have been the best time to pursue a Victor mentoring Devon and power struggle with Neil-type storyline. When Devon was still a foster child and was not yet adopted, still somewhat unable to fully trust. I could have seen Victor seeing a bit of Devon in himself and a mentorship relationship would have had more resonance.

I always wondered why they didn't pursue anything back then. I think that was around the time that the Rec Center shifted to the Athletic Club. Even something as simple as Victor seeing Devon at the punching bag and giving him a few pointers. It wouldn't have taken much to build a storyline back then and that could have had payoff several years later. It could've given both characters an extra layer and would've given new viewers (at the time) a more organic way to dig into Victor's backstory as well as provide exposition to Devon's story without it being so obviously expository.

As it stands now, I don't see Devon in much of a need for anyone besides an accountant and a financial/business manager. Trying to make Devon some type of naif now when he is a grown azz man doesn't seem to make much sense to me.

Doing it now, makes Victor look shallow and Devon naive. JMO.

• Members

Disagree here. The only people that look shallow are Jack and jill who ever had any use for Devon. Victor, on the other hand, always was shown to care before hand. I don't think Devon looks naïve either. I think he is looking more so in finding some answers to what Kay wanted. In that regard, he has a riddle just as Jill and Nikki as motivation for why he is pursuing the relationship. Makes sense to me.

• Members

To me, it's not even worth it to get into the mole storyline, it's filler.

Victor and Devon, on the other hand, could have had some merit, years ago. In order for this to work currently, I'd have to suspend all belief that Devon is capable of functioning as an adult and hiring his own financial adviser.

Also, I'd have to believe that Neil, who has managed two multi-billion dollar companies, is incapable of advising his son in any meaningful way.

When was the last time that Devon and Victor had a substantive conversation that wasn't in passing? I mean, before he came into all this money?

It just seems like a day late and a dollar short type of storyline. The seeds were never truly properly planted, so I don't expect this to bear any fruit from this now.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

• Members

No. I just saw today's U.S. episode on the website.

Those scenes of Billy and Adam in the chatroom are so '90s.

You Tube clips of Victoria slapping Victor. Yes! That is THE Victoria Newman. She really was every bit the older sibling in that scene with Nick.

It seems that Victoria now (no offense to AH) has gone through some sort of infantilization.

Archived