Y&R: November 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

No, that would imply the original storyline LML penned was good, and then MAB ruined it. Both sucked. Regardless of Walton's intentions, Cane was a debacle from the moment he entered (although I did find him attractive back then, I admit)

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She also talked about her favorite men to work with on Y&R.

DG of course who she says reminds her of her own son.

BJ because he's very soulful

PB because they have a familiar rhythm

DD, CLB, and GR because they make her laugh

She and JD and great laughs together.

She didn't mention BM at all. Some people were surprised.

• Members

Exactly. The story worked on some levels, because it gave Jill peace that she had her real son back and that Kay was responsible for the switch (entirely believable). It's too bad they never got a chance to pursue the angle of who were (dead Phillip's real parents, etc.) I hate the resurrection, mainly because it brought back to the screen someone who couldn't act. It would've been different if he was actually good, but those wooden expression and deadpan delivery ruined it.

• Members

I just watched the chat with Jess and Melody......soooo stunned that Jess came up with the idea for Cane. I will echo that she probably had better intentions, but i'm still cringing a little bit because I feel like 20 years ago Jess would have opposed to this idea ,and no writer besides Bill Bell/Kay Alden and Jess herself really understood what Jill was about.....

I loved the interview but something seemed kind of off about them, especially Jess, kind of hard to explain......I shouldn't judge given everything that's happen with Jeanne and the other stresses of their personal lives, but despite that I would love to spend the day with these 2 just to pick their brain some more haha.

I couldn't believe it when Jess read the one question and thought it was Brenda Dickson, then Nikki said maybe it's Brenda Epperson.....i would love to know more about what they think of that whole debacle, but we will never really know for sure.....

Does Jess not like working with Eric Braeden? something hinted towards that when she said she wouldn't want to work with Her (Nikki's) "husband". I assume she meant something more long term other then scenes here and there, but if so that's a shame because (and I know i'm in denial) I think a story where Jill actually DID take down Victor herself would sizzle.....

I didn't catch the fact she didn't mention Billy Miller, but that's weird.

• Members

After watching intermittently over the past six months (Jill Farren Phelps' reign of terror), I am completely tuning back in tomorrow when the magnificent Cynthia Watros return to daytime TV. My love for Watros apparently trumps my dislike of Steve Burton. Who would have thought.

scan0105_zps1126a322.jpg

• Members

The plot thickens...And I could just be reading into it. But he does play her on screen son and although they don't have many scenes together, one would think he would be mentioned. Glad BJ got a mention. I, too, think he is an awesome actor with great stage presence and has chemistry with all he shares a screen with but the writers just won't do anything with it. Can DG please just go. I long for the day for Lily to get a letter saying that their was a mix up at the lab. Cane is NOT the father of the twins! Ya'll know those kids are test tube babies so it is possible.

Archived