Y&R: November 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

I don't always bring up MS when talking about SC but I did in this particular instance because SOD or SID or one of the soap news blogs implied that MS complained about the hit-and-run-comes-back-to-haunt-Phyllis SL because she felt it made Phyllis look bad. I disagree wholeheartedly with that statement in that I thought Phyllis and MS were pretty compelling to watch in that particular SL. It was after they quickly wrapped that up that Phyllis was switched into backburner heaven with Jack and held his hand while he got over the prescription-pill addiction shakes (not that bad a story, all things considered).

SC isn't Susan Flannery but she has done stellar work in turning all the [!@#$%^&*] she's been given the past few years into sugar. I wouldn't wish begging Victor and then Adam for some love and having them jeer in her face on any working actress.

As for Victor not knowing about Sharon's bi-polarity, he knew EXACTLY what he was dealing with though he may not have known the precise medical term. Sharon had been in jail and through the mill and was at the end of her mental tether when he swooped in on his grandson's mother. Who he only "romanced" to stick it to Adam and make Nikki jealous, it turns out. What a winner. Victor gets no pass from me on that score.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sharon had long been out of jail and had just dumped Adam, she was independent and working when she got involved with Victor and she pursued him just as he pursued her. Yes, he was sticvking it to Nikki and she was sticking it to Adam and they both knew that going into it, heck Sharon had been warned over and over. So NO I don't think Victor or any of the Newmans bear any responsibility for Sharon and her antics, cause as we see playing out NOW she like a fool banging her head against the wall, keeps going back for more and more Newman love, like a Crackhead trying to get a fix LOL!!!

I have yet to read SOD, SID or any Blog that stated MS complained about the hit and rum story making Phyllis look bad, Gtiffith didnt like it and thats why he ended it stat, but so what if she did, it didnt effect her acting at all in that story. I do know JM and MS def did not like tha Summer is Jacks kid story and that def showed on screen imo. SC def complained a lot bout her storues these past years on Twitter, in interviews, heck MAB almost fired her, but she too did her job on screen.

• Members

I loved those Jill and Victor scenes. She was steam rolling right over him. I don't often find Victor endearing, but that little smile he gave her when she said that she would see about him owning Chancellor was cute. He was very tolerant with her. For some reason, it seems the writers are trying to soften him up. Because if MAB had been the writer he would have been screaming, pointing his finger, throwing her out, literally. all while punctuating it with "You got that".

+1...but that wasn't Victor's normal smirk. It had a little affection in it.

• Members

Let me jump in here if I may...JM gave the same performance with those scenes pertaining to Summer that he always gives. His scene partner, mostly MS and SC, have always carried him. I saw no difference in his performance. However, MS was clearly protesting. She gave repeatedly ridiculous performances. And it wasn't just with JM/Nick. She didn't give her all with PB either. The only time I saw her giving her all in her final months on the show was in her scenes with JC when she was allowed to Avery out. And that scene where Nina slapped Phyllis was equally ridiculously played by her.

• Members

And your point is?

Not sure why you are jumping in when I clearly stated that MS's dislike for said Paternity switch story clearly showed up ON SCREEN, but thanks anyway LOL!!!

And your point is?

Not sure why you are jumping in when I clearly stated that MS's dislike for said Paternity switch story clearly showed up ON SCREEN, but thanks anyway LOL!!!

• Members

As long as they don't try to "redeem" her or tone her down, she should be fine with anyone. I don't mind her interacting with Cane, his judgmental attitude and finger pointing, makes her sympathetic. But please, no romantic pairing. EVER! Let Lily and the Laners have him.

• Members

Can I ask a technical question of anyone who might know the answer?

On tomorrow's show, Chloe and Adam have a brief civil conversation. On the day those scenes were taped, did Elizabeth Hendrickson know that "Adam" was most likely the hit and run driver?

And, I just have to laugh when I see the no spitting sign in the prison yard.

• Members

I like Hilary too. I have from jump despite her terrible intro story. I hope she's not dicktamized anytime soon. I'd hate to see her fire doused by some man. I also don't want her to be suddenly pushed as some schemer turned heroine either ala Chelsea. Keep her scheming and hustling. As for Hilary and Cane, I can't even take that fool seriously the way he be eye phucking Hilary while acting righteous. He needs to run along and start his little company with Lily.

Archived