Y&R: November 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

So in the live chat Jess Walton said that she is responsible for the creation of Cane.

Question: Do you ever get to come up with plot or storyline?

Jess Walton: I have! The Cane storyline, actually.

MTS: It's yours?

Jess Walton: I came up with the storyline that she [Katherine] had stolen Phillip. Phillip wasn't really dead, she had stolen that baby. That's how we came up with Cane and that whole thing! I read it to the Producer at the time who said OH MY GOD I LOVE IT SO MUCH she pitched it immediately and she came back an hour later saying everybody loved it! And that's how the whole Cane thing came to be.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Exactly. Actors come up with (stupid) ideas all the time. Linder once proposed that Kay died and Esther inherited everything. It's up to the HW to control this & to write it well, if it comes to pass. Am I happy that Walton came up with this? Not really. But that hack bitch from Hell LML made it what it was.

• Members

It would've been better if when they made him Phillip they would've kept the real Phillip dead. Because resurrecting Phillip was a horrible pointless idea. And the reasoning behind Phillip pretending to be dead and sending Cane was so damn stupid! The absolute point of no return for Cane as a character was the Aussie cow mafia family lie.

Archived