The Taylor Swift Thread

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

So glad to see people not drink her koolaid. I never got the hype for her. I find Girls to be pretentious. And the fact that she molested her sister and spoke about it openly disturbs me. Why she hasn't been blacklisted for it disturbs me even more. But should I be surprised? Hollywood is filled of perverts that go unpunished & we celebrate [i.e. Polanski, Allen, Singer, etc.'].

That video is whack. I like the song but do we really need a video to show all Taylor's friends off? I felt like the video was to show Katy Perry who all might possibly be on her 'team.' Taylor gives me teas of being one of those weak, scary b-tches that attaches herself to strong personalities, who'll fight her battles. I'm over her too....

• Administrator
Sometimes videos don't really need a story. The top 2 most watched videos in 24 hours is 'Anaconda' and 'Wrecking Ball' and they don' t have a story - BTW, 'Bad Blood' came in third as most watched in 24 hours behind those two. If you use Taylor's videos as examples, 'Style' and 'Shake It Off' doesn't have a story either. But I disagree about BB not having a story because it does. Taylor and Selena were on the same team, then Selena betrayed Taylor. Then a damaged Taylor gets put back together by the organization, and goes through all this training/learning how to fight. Then at the end, her team gets together to fight Selena.

It was a cool concept to have some of her friends, or people she admired (two of them she named her cats after their characters), in a video. I know I've been wanting her to do that for a while. I wanted her to do that with the 'Style' video.

I don't think Taylor is weak at all. Just look at the way she runs her business, her career. She's a collaborator who likes to surround herself with other strong personalities, and people who are driven, just like herself. She lets a lot of people into her circle. She's a master at networking. She's the one leading the pack. I don't think you can be weak and surround yourself with other strong people while leading the pack. Because eventually those strong people will push you out and take over. I don't see that happening with Taylor.

• Members

They've been friends ever since Taylor started following her on Twitter; she's a fan of Girls. She also wrote her song "You Are In Love" about Lena's relationship with Jack Antonoff; it's on the deluxe version of her album and I love it. I know what you mean, though--I do think she has talent, and I applaud for encouraging women to be feminists, but I definitely have some issues with her, even before the stuff with her sister came out.

I'm kind of surprised Taylor's very public friendship with her hasn't hurt her popularity any, honestly.

Interestingly enough, her supposed rival, Katy Perry (most likely the subject of "Bad Blood") is friends with Lena's Girls co-star, Allison Williams. Katy and John Mayer have double dated with Allison and her fiance (who is close friends with John) in the past.

Edited by MissLlanviewPA

• Members

Not crazy about the video (then again, seeing Taylor look so good makes have to try to not want to starve myself sometimes--I have a pretty good figure, but I'm short with big boobs, not tall with long legs! She's my age, so her good looks/success gets to me more sometimes laugh.png), and I actually like the album version of the song better. To me, though, "Style" is by far the best single from 1989, so it's frustrating that, so far, it's had the least amount of success of those four singles.

I will say that Katy has been very classy not to say/do anything back. Aside from her "Watch out for the Regina George in sheep's clothing" comment on Twitter last September, when that story first broke, she has kept quiet the whole time. I can't help but wonder if she's gained some sympathy among people, given the very public rumors that it's about her.

I don't know, I like both of them, even though I also have issues with both of them. I'm Team Switzerland, really. :lol:

Edited by MissLlanviewPA

• Administrator

They're both popular pop stars so there's going to be some overlap, like Ellie Goulding and Lorde hung out with Katy before. The latest one is Bonnie Mckee. She's a close friend of Katy's and has written songs for her - she attended Taylor and Ed Sheeran's Billboard after party. What's funny is the comments on Bonnie's picture, some Katy fans were like, "How could you betray Katy!?' LOL Clearly, this so "rivalry" isn't a big deal.

Joe Jonas might have been at the party too, and there's rumours he's dating Gigi Hadid, who is friends with Taylor. I think that's him on the right. 

Niall and Louis were also there.  Now if Harry was there, and in the same picture with Joe and Calvin and Taylor, that would've been interesting!

• Members

Toups I'm surprised your head didn't explode when I said I liked the song/video :)

I agree with Brandon though, she seems like the type of girl who surrounds herself with strong women to help her own insecurities.

I like the Kendrick version way better.

Also, don't kill me Mary, but Style is my least favorite of the 4 singles!

• Administrator
If you had never liked a song of hers before, I probably would've had that reaction. LOL But you said you like a couple of songs, so that's cool. smile.png

Everyone has insecurties, but it's how you deal with them that's important. I think surrounding yourself with strong people is a great way to deal with your issues. She has vast suspport system. They help her out and she helps them out.

She's also very approachable and caring, a reason why she's connected so many people.