The Taylor Swift Thread

• Members

If I had been Taylor's friend, I would have warned her against dating any musician. Some can handle it. Others, though, would be better off getting involved with significant others who are as far away from the industry as one could get.

I'm not saying she needs to date truck drivers and factory workers. But she does need someone who is mature, who is comfortable in his own skin, who respects her craft, and who allows her a respite away from the whispers and camera flashes.

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrator

Both only have mentioned it once. This "feud" keeps getting mentioned because of that stupid Hollywood Life site that continues to make stuff up and then it gets picked up by various sites. God, I really hate that site.

• Members

His most recent album was 2013's Paradise Valley, which actually includes a duet with Katy called "Who You Love" (and a song called "Paper Doll", which may very well be about Taylor). I'll be honest--I actually think he and Katy are cute together. I loved when he interviewed the Super Bowl Sharks on the Late Late Show.

That could get me kicked out of this thread! LOL tongue.png .

Edited by MissLlanviewPA

• Administrator
I liked that! That's one of the better covers because she kept it fast. I've seen slower versions and it just doesn't work. The lyrics need to be set to a fast paced rhythm.

The screen shots of the video look very interesting! Can't wait to see it.

• Administrator

Here's a link: Taylor Swift Gave A Fan Breakup Advice And A “Moving On” Playlist

I'm going to check out that playlist. I always like to check out artists, that I haven't heard of, whenever she mentions them. I started listening to Haim because they're hanging out with Taylor now, and I actually like some of their songs ("If I Could Change Your Mind" is my favourite).

• Administrator

It's been released on Much Music's website in Canada: http://blog.muchmusic.com/video-premiere-watch-taylor-swifts-brand-new-music-video-for-style/

Not sure if it will work outside of Canada.

Thoughts after 2 viewings: I like the imagery, cool effects and "artsy" factor of it though I don't really understand the video. LOL It's definitely not as fun as the Blank Space and Shake It Off videos. I could've done without the nod to Harry Style's paper plane necklace (which is also referenced in Out of the Woods). She looks great though! I rank it third behind Blank Space (1) and SIO (2). I can't see Style getting more hits than those two videos.

Director of the video is Kyle Newman. He is Jaime King's husband and is mostly known for directing the movie Fan Boy, and for co-directing Lana Del Ray's "Summertime Sadness" video.

I liked Target's 1989 commercial that used Style - I think the majority of fans would've liked this more, if the video was about clothes and NYC.