The Taylor Swift Thread

• Administrator

Yeah, I would probably die. LOL It's hard to get her attention though. I mean there's so many more hardcore fans than I am. A few weeks ago, this one guy on tumblr made a video of himself acting out/singing parts of every song on the album. Taylor saw it and loved it and said they must meet. So last week for the Jingle Ball concert, she flew him and his family (and other fans too) to meet her at the concert. Some people are just lucky.

From Taylor's birthday party. Jay Z, Beyonce, Timberlake, and Taylor......the four biggest stars in music right now. Talk about a lot of power in a picture. And apparently Jay Z is a mannequin. LOL

10848167_839212802802765_1732102903_n.jp

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

You changed your avatar! LOL :)wub.png I'm so happy her singles are doing so well. She was always an albums artist first, and now she's both a singles and albums artist. 1989 has a chance to beat the Frozen Soundtrack for #1 in 2014 - we'll find out Wednesday. And I think it's going to beat her Red and Speak Now albums.

• Administrator

Santa Swift wub.png

The fans who received the gift packages made this message for her: http://lyyssaaaa13.tumblr.com/post/106028163974/dear-taylor-thank-you-so-much-for-all-of-the

It's a big picture, so I'll spoiler tag it.

"DEAR TAYLOR THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL OF THE BEAUTIFUL GIFTS BUT THE BEST GIFT YOU GAVE US IS YOUR BEAUTIFUL FRIENDSHIP ! LOVE FOREVER AND ALWAYS YOUR SANTAS"

Taylor Alison Swift-

There’s no way we could ever repay you for all of the joy you have given us, but we figured it would be worth a try! You have outdone yourself and gone so above and beyond by reaching out to the 33 of us in such a special way, and we are eternally grateful to you. As a way to try and say thank you, I (lyyssaaaa13) took a few pages out of your playbook and decided to do some heavy “taylurking” and rounded up all the amazing people you sent gifts to (it was exhausting—when do you sleep?!) and we all came together to collectively send you a huge thank you along with tons of hugs! We really hope that this makes you smile, because that is what you have done not only for all of us but for all of your millions of beautiful, wonderful, and loyal fans across the world, by being there for us throughout the years. You are truly an angel and have a heart of gold. Thank you for being our role model, idol, and most of all, our friend. We love you and will stand by you forever. Love, your Santas

• Members

I got 1989 as a gift for Christmas and have not been able to stop listening to it, in its entirety, since. Such a fun, well-done, enjoyable, entertaining pop album. While I do feel that her lyrics aren't as complex or deep as they used to be, I understand why that would be--in all honesty, they wouldn't fit.

I get giddy every time the song comes on the radio. I could (and do) listen to it all day.

• Administrator
I'm so glad you like it! smile.png I listen to its entirety too. I think the only song that could be considered "deep" or "complex" is 'Clean' - I think that's lyrically the best written song on the album. I also think the lyrics for 'This Love' and 'You Are In Love' are pretty good for love songs.

Same here.

I did that when the album came out. It was, and still is, the song I listen to the most.

• Members

Guys, my 26th birthday is on February 28th, and after thinking about it for quite awhile, I think I am going to ask for the deluxe version of 1989 for my birthday. I'm not sure what I'll think of every song--I detest "Shake It Off", but I love "Blank Space"--but after hearing the samples on iTunes again, I think I want to finally take the plunge and hear it for myself. And yes, I want the deluxe version from Target. What can I say? I'm a completist. laugh.png

I might even ask for another of her albums or two--I like some of her songs on Speak Now and Red especially. With Spotify out of the question, I have to go hardcore here. smile.png

Also, if it hasn't been mentioned before, "Style", the third single, will be released on February 10th.

Edited by MissLlanviewPA