• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrator
I hope so!

I wonder that too and that's the next album I'm eagerly anticipating....not because of her music but because of sales charts. I don't remember if Adele has had any 1 million first week sales though. Both her albums did well over time.

• Members

She has not but she has the only album to go diamond in the US in this decade. Sales stand at about 12 million. With her higher profile now and a strong lead single she could have some huge potential numbers.

Edited by Eric83

• Members

Yeah, and Adele only really blew up with her 21 album. Despite Taylor's strong front-loaded sales, she's never manged to come close to getting a diamond album (and likely Adele will the last person to ever achieve that feat). Adele is also a bigger global star/seller.

I think an album that sells consistently well over time is much more impressive than front-loaded first week sales. An album that sells well over time is just an extremely rare case these days.

• Administrator

Taylor talks about taking taking her music off Spotify: https://music.yahoo.com/blogs/music-news/exclusive--taylor-swift-on-being-pop-s-instantly-platinum-wonder----and-why-she-s-paddling-against-the-streams-085041907.html

I also like this part where she talks about maintaining her relationship with her fans:

• Administrator

Ungrateful about what? What is Spotify doing for her and other artists who don't want their music on Spotify? The royalties payout is embarassing. Spotify should have a better model if they want those artists' content. They don't owe Spotify anything. For her or any other artist to be ungrateful, Spotify would have to be doing something in favour of them.

• Administrator

That's definitely her best video. Glad to see her working with Joseph Khan now. Kudos to Taylor for the concept - it was fun and funny. And of course she looks great in the video! She's never had two songs on an album go #1, so hopefully this song will do that for her.

What Blank Space is about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz9wwyLjBb8