The Taylor Swift Thread

• Members

I was never a fan of hers until she remixed one of her country songs into a pop hit. I forget which one it was. I think people hate her because you never see her in trouble...drugs....attacking photographers...partying ...all a la Bieber..lol...she sings ...performs and repeats.

I miss Shania...I remember when she kept popping one hit after another....Her music was all over the pop airwave radio stations.

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrator

Great start on the pop charts! Getting more records is always nice.

Yeah, that Red Carpet bodysuit was a misfire - something that rarely happens to Taylor. But there are some critics who say she oftens plays it too safe. This was a big risk for her but if she's going to do it, she might as well do it at the VMA's where you can go nuts with your outfits. If she wore something like this to the Grammys, I'd be very disappointed. I prefer Taylor playing it safe with her gowns, and dresses, and skirts. I loved the way she looked during her performance and her after-party dress.

I loved her reactions to Blue Ivy. So cute.

tumblr_nausjzY3oq1qfoj4do4_250.giftumblr_nausjzY3oq1qfoj4do3_250.gif

tumblr_nausjzY3oq1qfoj4do2_250.giftumblr_nausjzY3oq1qfoj4do1_250.gif

Yes, Carly told her.

• Members

I thought it was a bit of a strange outfit--although I don't think I hate it as much some do--but I agree. These are the VMAs, not the Oscars (of course, weird crap like Bjork's dead swan dress in 2001 sneaks in there every once in awhile, too) . There's more of an anything goes atmosphere that allows for crazier outfits. Compared to Lil Kim and her pasty that Diana Ross felt up years back, Taylor did just fine! laugh.png

That said, her dress at the VMAs last year was probably one of the safer outfits ever worn by a celebrity there, too.

LOL to Lorde in those photos next to Taylor--I don't think she was as impressed with Blue Ivy. :lol:

Edited by MissLlanviewPA

• Administrator
I loved her in that 2013 gown. And she rarely curls her hair like that and I don't usually like curly hair, but I thought it looked really good on her. That 2012 white suit was also her trying something new. Of all the years she's been to the VMA's, 2013 is definitely is my fav.

10598676_1674727146085274_2024294716_n.j

LOL I like their friendship and love that they look so different from each other.

"On the surface, this next performer and I are nothing alike. She's tall, blond and doesn't wear quite this much black. But we both base our art on the kinds of things that delight, terrify and confound us. And for that, I'm grateful she exists. I'm so proud to introduce -- at the beginning of her brand new era -- my friend Taylor Swift."

• Members

Toups...bodysuit my ass, she was wearing hotpants.... HOTPANTS! laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png That's one article of clothing I never thought would make a comeback, but by God, I'm seeing it with alarming regularity, usuaally worn by women too skinny to pull them off.

Edited by alphanguy74

• Members

Hot pants are in.

It was a bold choice fir her. She's doing this 1980s pop thing right now and I see why she went with it. It's bonkers and what better place than the vmas? I hope she has shoulder pads at the Grammys tbh.

It was ugly for the record. And she sidnt pull it off. But she had fun so you do you.

Haters gonna hate.