The Taylor Swift Thread

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrator
How would you define "biggest hit ever"? :)

Hot 100 #1's? Number of weeks on hot 100 or in its top 10? Digital sales?

If you go by Hot 100 #1's, Shake It Off just became her biggest hit by hitting #1 four times now (WANEGBT hit #1 three weeks).

I think it would pretty cool if she was #1 and #2 next week.

1989 now has the first and second biggest weeks in 2014. It sold 402,000 in its second week.

• Administrator

Taylor Swift Makes Hot 100 History With 'Blank Space'

Very awesome!

I hope you're right. So far, so good. :)

And do you know what she's doing now? She's sending out these care packages to fans. She's buying these gifts with people in mind and she's writing these amazingly sweet notes to go along with the gifts. We're calling her Santa Swift. LOL Taylor is truly remarkable and I just love her big heart.

tumblr_nf3d1kK27a1rmt2u6o1_400.jpg

Taylor Swift Pays a Surprise Visit to a Superfan in Connecticut

Taylor Swift sending early Christmas gifts, handwritten notes to fans

Taylor Swift Has Been Sending Fans Early Christmas Presents

• Members

I'm happy that "Blank Space" will be number one. I like that song a WHOLE lot more than "Shake It Off", which...I like the trumpets, but the lyrics just don't work for me. *ducks for cover*

This article reveals what fans think should be the next single. "New Romantics" is listed, but since it's on the deluxe album, I don't really see that happening. Also, Ed Sheeran thought "Bad Blood" should be the first single. Sorry, Ed. laugh.png

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/6312267/ask-billboard-all-taylor-swift-edition

Edited by MissLlanviewPA

• Administrator

I don't think the songs on the deluxe album will be considered for singles. Style and Bad Blood are sure singles.

Yup, they have. There's pre-sales and general public sales. http://taylorswift.com/events

Shake It Off is all about the music which is why I think will be nominated for Record Of The Year at the Grammys.

• Members

Will the media obsession with her (likely fake) love life ever end? I keep hearing about how awesome it is that she will beat Harry Styles, and so on. Considering that she used his name to help sell her album, it's hard to see the big competition.

No matter how much talk there is of this independent Taylor Swift, her career continues to be about men. I thought this album was supposedly different.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I'm not sure if it's supposed to be tongue in cheek or if it's supposed to be taken at face value, but if it's the former I think it's a clear way to get the media off her back, and cash in on a trend that has turned her into a bit of a laughing stock in the media. I think her singles have been so-so, I enjoyed both WANEEGBT and IKYWT more then either of these for the most part, but she seems to be having more success with this album then she has with Red so far. I haven't even heard this record because she won't let it be accessed on Streaming sites.

• Members

I get the impression that it won't, even though by not dating for over a year and a half now, she thought it would give them nothing to talk about. That said, the hidden messages she put in the lyrics of each song this time (which I saw online; I haven't bought the album), tell a story of discovering independence, rather than just leaving little clues like her previous albums did. In fact, the latter part is why I have trouble becoming a full fledged fan, even though I do like some of her songs and acknowledge her talent as a writer (and acknowledge her acts of charity/personality in interviews), because when you are leaving clues about which guy it might be in the lyrics of said song, it makes me more suspicious when you accuse people of being sexist of criticizing writing about your relationships. Yes, men write about their relationships all the time, but how many times do they (or other women, for that matter) make it plainly obvious who they are talking about in the liner notes, even without revealing their names?

There's something to be said about being detailed in music/relatable, which she is certainly known for, but it can become dangerous when you're in the public eye (and all of your former boyfriends are in the public eye) and you write so descriptively.

JMO, of course.

For the record, this is the interview I'm referring to:

Edited by MissLlanviewPA