The Taylor Swift Thread

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I would have been surprised had she won record of the year. Shake it off is a good song but not Grammy worthy IMO.

Thats what I love about Taylor...she has fun at the awards..she is not just sitting there looking all gloomy and bored....Pharrell could learn a lesson from her...I cant believe he made that face...lol...he is such a debbie downer...maybe Taylor should have sang Happy to him...LOL

• Administrator
It's a new way (at least for me) that I've seen on other message boards of not clogging up the post/thread with large pictures and gifs. It also saves on bandwidth because the pictures/gifs don't load unless you click on the tags.

• Administrator

Maybe not lyrically (that's why I was surprised it got a Song of the Year nomination) but the production on SIO is really good and is one of Max Martin's best produced songs. Max won this year's Grammy for Producer of the Year Non-Classical.

Yup! She would also be a great person to go to concerts with because you know she's going to be singing and dancing to all the songs.

• Members

Was I the only one wondering if she took a bathroom break when Katy sang? tongue.png

Speaking of which, seeing John Mayer and Ed Sheeran perform together:

Ed: Taylor's best guy friend

John: Taylor's ex boyfriend (and Ed was on the Late Late Show with him last week)

Katy: John's girlfriend (who it seems pretty obvious he just reunited with), and Taylor's rival.

The six degrees of separation here makes my head spin.

• Administrator

She's also friends with Nick Jonas now - I haven't seen her interect with Joe yet though. She also took a picture with Diplo (another ex of Katy's) last night - I'm not sure how I feel about this. He was such a jerk to her these last couple of months. I guess it's nice of her to not take him too seriously....but I'm not that forgiving. LOL

• Members

Mark my words: if Debbie Reynolds and Liz Taylor could bury the hatchet over Eddie Fisher, so can Taylor Swift and Katy Perry over that d-bag John Mayer. They just need to grow a little older and a little wiser and realize who the REAL enemy is in their situation.

• Members

You're probably right. On the other hand, I would not put it past Mayer to paint himself as the victim in his and Taylor's relationship in order to make Katy feel more sympathetic toward him. He just seems the type, you know?

Either way, I always find it hilarious how Katy, with her Skittles-colored wigs, Bettie Page-esque persona, and past as a Christian rock artist, calls out Taylor for being "fake." Fake? Really, Ms. Hudson Perry?

• Members

Lord knows I'm not the biggest TS fan. She might have a knack for rhymes, but I think her lyric-writing skills still could benefit from a college education or at least a more varied reading list. Nevertheless, I don't believe she is the calculating, conniving witch Mayer, Perry and others in their respective camps have made her out to be. I believe she is, for the most part, a sincere child who can laugh at herself and be civil toward even those who diss and dismiss her.