The Taylor Swift Thread

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The first four songs, as far as I'm concerned, are just back-to-back awesome. I know there are people out there who don't like "Welcome to New York", and I understand why, but I am not one of them. And "Style" is absolutely the best of her singles so far.

I'm not as crazy about "All You Had To Do Was Stay", but I don't mind it too much.

I think I've already made my opinion on "Shake It Off" pretty clear at this point. Spoiler: It's the minority opinion. laugh.png

For that reason, I probably haven't been willing to listen to "I Wish You Would" all that much, because it and "Stay" are right next to "SIO" laugh.png . That said, "IWYW" is fine to me.

"Bad Blood" reminds a little bit of "Hollaback Girl", minus the rap spelling of bananas. laugh.png Like you, I feel like it will probably be the next single. It's not the one I'd listen to over and over, but every once in awhile I will, and I see why it would work as a single.

"Wildest Dreams" and "How You Get the Girl" are two of my favorites on the album, easy.

"This Love" and "I Know Places" are two I need to listen to more often, to be honest. I haven't listened to them too much.

Which brings me to "Clean".

I have listened to this song so much it's insane. Taylor should really consider releasing this as a single after Bad Blood, because it is just breathtaking. I can't stop listening to it.

And now the bonus tracks:

I like all three, but "Wonderland" is my least favorite (not in a bad way, though--my biggest problem with that song is the constant "eh, eh" part. It works for Rihanna. Not so much for Taylor Swift.). "You Are In Love" is beautiful, and really does sound like Springsteen's "Secret Garden" (as others have said before). "New Romantics" is my favorite, along with "Clean". I really wish it had a shot at being a single, because it deserves it.

I also liked listening to all three of the voice memos (which I only did the first time I listened to it). It was especially interesting to see how "Blank Space" changed from then to now.

All in all, it made for a very nice present for my birthday this year. I also loved the photos she included--I got the last 13 out of 65 with my CD.

Overall, a thumbs up for my fellow 1989 born girl Taylor. smile.png

The next album of hers I would like to get is Speak Now--I like the majority of songs on that album, so that would be easy for me to get.

Edited by MissLlanviewPA

• Administrator
Lyrically, it's not that great, but I love the 80's music production, especially the keyboards, and it's so upbeat and joyful.

I love this song, it's in my top 5. It wasn't at first but it grew on me a lot.

I also love the 80's music production for IWYW - it's also in my top 5. I shout the chorus. LOL

Bad Blood is in the bottom quarter for me. There's a rumour in might be the next single and Kanye's going to be in the remix.

I like HYGTG but I have it dead last. It's seriously in your top 2? Wow. LOL Wildest Dreams is in the third tier (bottom half) for me.

Both of these songs grew on me, though I like This Love more.

Like I said before, Clean is the best written song on the album. I hope it's released as a single too because I think this song gives Taylor the best chance to actually win a Grammy instead of just being nominated. Have you read Imogen Heap's blog about writing this song with Taylor? http://imogenheap.com/home.php?article=1321

I like YAIL the best out of bonus tracks.

I really wish the voice memos were longer. I thought it was interesting that she has the melodies in her head and just hums it while trying to figure out the lyrics. I wanted to hear more about her writing process. She's talked before how she sometimes goes off to a corner, whenever she has people around her, to talk/hum into her phone.

I'm glad you liked the album! smile.png Let me know what your thoughts are on Speak Now if you ever get it. smile.png

• Members

Listening to "This Love" again. I can't believe I haven't listened to this song as often since I got the album now. It's better than I remember and sounds a little like "Clean" melody wise.

Also, did anyone else notice we're up to page 13, Taylor's lucky number? smile.png

Edited by MissLlanviewPA

• Administrator

Me too! I love behind-the-scenes! One of my many Taylor-Swift-dreams is to watch her write/record a song in the studio. LOL

I wish Taylor did more videos like this one for her song 'Change'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfnGwGw9Yn8

LOL I didn't notice we were on page 13 until you mentioned it. 'This Love' is just so good - love the lyrics. During the 1989 Secret Sessions, people said Taylor showed them a video of soldiers returning home that was set to 'This Love.'

• Administrator

Yeah, it's true. So I guess the break up will happen in 4-5 months. LOL Man, that guy moves fast. He broke up with his girlfriend days before the Brit Awards and that's when he was first seen with Taylor. Then a month a later, they make it official. Kind of disappointed that Taylor decided to go public with him already, a guy who moved on from his girlfriend so quickly. After two years of no public relationships, all of this unfolds in a span of 4 weeks? That raises my eyebrow.

• 2 weeks later...