OLTL-Tuesday, April 30th 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

I can't fathom why anyone expects Téa owes RHTodd any apology. The man lied to her face, framed her brother, laughed with no remorse about killing her husband and then worst of all tormented her with the dead baby lies. She could shoot him tomorrow and no jury would convict her! That lying asshat needs to crawl through broken glass for a good year before Téa should listen to a word he says to her.

I thought the reveal was very rushed and only really liked Flor's excellent gasping OMG OMG OMG reaction and the Jack hug. Viki and Blair's emotionless stares were putrid acting choices and their writing very off there. As for RH, channeling dark rage seems beyond him now. He's stuck in perpetual petulant school boy. I'm glad Trevor brought some needed intensity to the scenes.

ITA with those complaining D&D are campy and feel very out of place in otherwise very serious show.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
stolen would imply he had proof knowledge which he clearly did not. Todd's life was forced on him. He didnt go out and steal it and didnt learn the truth until after Todd returned, 8 years later. That's how the story was written despite some people hoping Vic had manipulated the entire thing

• Members
Ive been hard on RH's acting since OLTL was cancelled and he took his comedy routine to GH but I do think he does well at showing his hatred of Victor and the fondness Jack and Tea have for him. Considering everyone else pretty much hated Victor and vice versa I don't see why he's so mad.

• Members

Thanks for the clarification, Errol.

So they only have RH signed to a short-term deal but still hoping they can get him back from GH in the future for appearances? I just don't see where that is PP claiming any long-term RH contract so I'm confused.

• Members

On Roger's time off, he can go work for PP (that has nothing to do with ABCd/GH). It's like having a second job where you don't need permission, but it can't interfere with your primary work. How PP plans to do this long term is beyond me, and they seriously need to cut their losses with Roger STAT! [i've still heard differently about Todd, however]

• Members

A bit of a letdown compared to yesterday, but it doesn't quite matter. We'll have to see how the whole week (if not weeks) shape up. Although there were some moments that I really liked, like Victor jumping at the door closing, the happy birthday, Destiny and what's-his-name having a quiet talk. On the other hand, Destiny just failed today and, don't kill me, I thought Tea was horrid with her "Oh em Gee Oh em Gee you're alive" thing. Dorian and David need to relax.

• Members
I can care less that she's pretty and skinny. It will serve the character well in the long run because it evens the playing field between her and Dani. I don't think LH is a bad actress. She's clearly inexperienced. I am noticing strengths and weaknesses in her right off the bat. In her favor I don't get the feeling she's just reading lines off a page. She does a lot better with subtle character scenes. Direct opposite of SE who usually bombed those type of scenes. I enjoyed the scenes with her and Matt just talking. I felt her resentment and frustration towards Matthew (rightfully so) and her sadness over the strain between her and Dani.

Anger is not her strong suit. Funny because AT and SE did okay with those type of scenes. Once again her confrontation scenes with Matthew and Jeffrey tanked. She's trying too hard to display anger and it comes off fake. She's needs to improve in that area if she's going to be a serviceable Destiny. Destiny is quick tempered. It's a core part of her personality.

• Members

I haven't seen RH channel real, intense dark rage since his first six months at ATWT. I thought the coffee shop scenes summed up the real problem, he's off getting a cup of coffee and whining about TrevorTodd being back versus raging.

• Members

Sure did and had the nerve to act put out that the same 'daughter' that he had zero problem in pushing down the stairs immediately sided with her actual father over his abusive ass. Not that Jackass doesn't have a right to be upset with his father, but let's not act as if he and Frodd shared a loving father/song relationship.

Archived