OLTL-Tuesday, April 30th 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know it's totally hypocritical of him to say, but Todd calling Tea a shitty parent kind of made my life.

I was SHOCKED when Victor just ran in there and pounced on Todd. I'm so used to Ron Carlivati's soap writing that I was sure we'd have weeks of Vic lurking around and hiding behind doorways.

I'm loving Rob Gorrie as Matthew. Not really sure about nuDestiny yet. She's better than Shenell though.

Andrew is... better. Not good. But better. And count me in as being thrilled that Starr is nowhere in sight.

David and Dorian are a little too OTT for me right now. I love her but RS is especially chewing up the new scenery.

• Members

Neither Todd is really going to win any parent olympics, ever. The [!@#$%^&*] Victor pulled with Starr, Dani and Jack in the last couple years before Alison and Operation: Riverdance (as I have termed that Celtic-looking tattoo) put him on ice was pretty heinous. I just don't see a point in trying to claim one is better than the other anymore; Todd tipped out on Dani and Jack for over a year. They are what they are. I don't watch those two for their great parenting skills - I watch them because they're incredibly entertaining antiheroes.

You have no idea how glad I am Kristen is not here. Granted, it was the creative team that always made sure she pulled focus with histrionics - and we've already seen what happens when some of the cast is toned down in dialogue and performance - but I still don't trust her to act beyond her usual range of teenage freakout every time Starr so much as gets a hangnail.

• Members

Loved it all! Tea and Victor, Victor and Jack, and that closing stare off between Victor and Todd. THIS is what I've been waiting for. With Trevor leaving prematurely on the ABC run we didn't get nearly enough Todd and Vic scenes, which I'm hoping PP is planning to rectify. I honestly didn't care about the non reactions from Blair and Viki. Given Viki's ten second eulogy for Victor, I doubt she cares.

I'm ready for Tea to tell Victor about the pregnancy and Todd's involvement in the baby switch...

I can't believe it really is back...The fanboy in me has to watch it again.

Thank the Soap gods in heaven that KA and Starr are nowhere to be seen OR mentioned.

• Members
wow I completely forgot about that angle. Vic is gonna want to kill him for that. I hope they don't gloss over this. Also hope they allow Tea to hate Todd as they suppressed he'd anger and leg him off to easy on GH

LOL on your last point

• Members

While I would understand the initial anger, eventually Tea would have to realize that Todd didn't do it out of malice. Tea came to him and thought the child was hers. Todd really didn't know what to do, so he went along with it. I have to believe Tea meant more to him than Sam. Was it wrong to allow her to love a child that was not hers, absolutely! But, what would you have done? My problem is that Ron didn't give Todd a second of reflection on this. Separating a child from its mother is like going to the grocery store.

It would be wrong to allow this to drag out because then you have 2 stupid people, Victor and Tea.

• Members
there was no initial anger. Tea pretty much gave up her child and left town. Todd never faced any wrath from her. The conclusion to that story was very rushed. She obviously is still very affected by it so her hating makes sense especially given the volatile history here

• Members

I don't expect any kind of drama from FRon, but my point is that they need not focus on this for too long. Tea was there, and she knows how it went down. Todd meant her no harm, so there is no need to regress her. It was a tough situation for anyone. I can understand Victor's anger, but that can't drive him in future stories - it's simply not enough. That's FRon, and I am hoping the OLTL 2.0 audience is treated better than the GH audience.

• Members

That kid playing Jack is STILL terrible. There's no excuse. What has he been doing the last year and a half?

Anyway, I'm loving the show. I love the use of curse words and Rob Gorrie and Corbin Bleu are fantastic and fit like they've always been there. Lauara Harrier is very green but I think most of her problem is that she appears to be hunching over to compensate for the fact that she's a foot taller than the boys with heels on.

I can't believe I'm loving OLTL.

Archived